Roxio Community

Photo

Creator 2010 S.e. And Windows 10 (Split From Another Topic)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Steve88

Steve88

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:58 PM

OK Brendon, This questions for you!

I have been successfully running Roxio Creator 2010 Special Edition for many years and under many previous OSs with no need to upgrade to a later version... until now... maybe

Creator is now unable to locate either of my optical drives with the error "No drive detected" in the Copy To drop down window.  The drives ARE available and working with other software and there are no device drivers issues 

Here are the specifics:

Roxio Creator 2010 Special Edition

Version: 1.2.193 SP2; 5.0.0.0

Build: 121B93AR05; 500B22A, R05

Roxio Common UI Framework

Version: 1.8.3489.2383

Roxio Central Framework

Version: 1.8.3543.39061

Version 1511 Build 10586.164

64 bit

I have recently upgraded to Win 10. It was my intention to keep Win 7 (as dual boot) for just such possible compatibility issues, however Win Install did it's own thing and never installed in the separate partition. I have already tried running Creator in compatibility modes (Back to XP) with no success.

I honestly can't recall if I ever successfully addressed the drives with Win 10.  I have seen this posted as an issue with posts dating back to 2009, so I don't know if this is a [local] system issue or an OS related issue. 

Any suggestions?

Thanking you in advance.

Steve

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,113 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:22 PM

Hi Steve,

Creator 2010 SE should run under Windows 7.1 okay, but it is not compatible with Windows 10. You've "upgraded" your Operating System past the capability of the software. :(

A Roxio filter is required to give Creator access to optical drives, but Windows 10 won't install it. Windows 10 is designed to take control of much of your system, not to give you control of it. Much of Windows 10's alleged compatibility is in fact illusory.

Sorry.

Brendon

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#3 Steve88

Steve88

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:20 PM

Wow! Thanks for the fast feedback!

I was just getting ready to install it on my laptop with Win 10 to try it there. No point now.

I still have my partition for the intended Dual Boot. If I reinstall Win 7 (So BOTH OS are available), will I have to [re]install Creator 2010 for the Win 7 environment separately?

I don't use Creator 2010 heavily, and I hate to have to be forced to upgrade to NXT4 for the same very occasional repetitive task that I have used it to do for years. If it can work on a dual boot system with Win 7, great. If not, NXT3 is still available at a reduced cost by some retailers. Can you tell me if that is Win 10 compatible?  

Tanks again. 

#4 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,113 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:05 PM

Hello Steve,

I usually install Windows 7 on one drive, then unplug it and install Windows 10 on the other, rather than just partitioning a single drive. It stops Windows 10 from interfering too much, and keeps the OSes separate. :) I then use the BIOS or the F9 or F12 key (depends on the machine) to pick which drive gets to boot.

You will have to install your Creator 2010 under Windows 7, since it didn't install properly under Windows 10.

It wouldn't be a bad idea while you have the chance, to use the Revo uninstaller trial version in 'moderate mode' and remove the Roxio fragments out of your Win 10 drive before you install Win 7 and Creator 2010 SE.That would your Win 10 cleaner, and the whole situation a lot clearer.

I haven't done much playing round with NXT3 in Windows 10. I have heard some folks complaining about it, but I haven't run into strife with it myself, yet.

[Famous last words?]

Regards,

Brendon

#5 Steve88

Steve88

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:34 AM

Great! Sounds like a plan.

I like the idea of keeping the OSs on separate physical drives rather than separate logical (partition) drives. Great idea. Since Win10 required my Win7 Key, I will try a fresh clean install of Win7 (Retail ver w/ Key) on a fresh HD. I hope I don't run into authentication issues to dual boot (using same Key).

That should get me up and running again on Creator 2010 SE.

Thanks again for your excellent guidance and knowledge!

Steve

#6 Steve88

Steve88

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:28 AM

Hey Brendon,

I hope you are still there.  I am getting NOWHERE with technical support on a newly purchased and installed version of C-NXT.

OK. I bit the bullet and upgraded so the CD/DVD drivers are recognized. Doesn't make much sense to have a media suite without working drives!

I need this to work with Win 10 and gave up on the Dual boot. The following is from a chat session that got me NOWHERE!

Been using Roxio Creator products for YEARS (even before Roxio acquired). Just upgraded to Win 10 which forced a Creator upgrade. Just installed a newly purchased C NXT and it is causing a conflict with my HP scanner software. Causes the scanning software to crash. Repeatedly re-installed drivers, same. UNINSTALLED Creator, all works fine. Your support page uses circular logic and I cannot get through to any support.
Please help

The newly installed NXT is somehow causing issues with one of my scanners (unfortunately, my older faster one that I use). I haven't even used any of Creator yet, but just it being installed causes the software to crash AFTER it acquires the image. The error I get states: HP Scan Application Resources has stopped working.  After much adjustments to drivers etc AND using the magical HP Print and Scan Doctor (which has ALWAYS fix scan issues), I can get it to work sometimes just once, during the testing or maybe after. HPPSDr consistently says no issues found. Yet when I try to scan, CONSISTENTLY the app crashes. REMOVE C-NXT and NO PROBLEM!

Can you shed some light on why C-NXT would even affect anything to do with scanners and their drivers???

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve

#7 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,905 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:28 PM

OK. I bit the bullet and upgraded so the CD/DVD drivers are recognized. Doesn't make much sense to have a media suite without working drives!

Your CD/DVD Drivers are part of every Microsoft Operating Systems!

I think you have other PC issues and updating software to cure them doesn't work.

Roxio installs a lower class filter driver.

11.jpg

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#8 Steve88

Steve88

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:12 PM

You MAY have missed what I said. It is NOT my CD/DVD drivers that ARE the issue OR failure.

It is ONLY AFTER installing Creator that CREATOR interferes with the scanning. REMOVE CREATOR and REMOVE the problem.

CLEAN (NOT over Win 7) and RECENT install of WIN 10

Now, HOW do I get a WORKING version of NXT!

#9 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:50 PM

What version of NXT do you have?. In one of your earlier posts you said you had C-NXT.

Please clarify......

#10 Steve88

Steve88

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:26 PM

NOS C-NXT 3 Not sure if Pro. Not marked on box and NOT installed right now.. But it had all the bells & whistles of my previous Pro version. Menus looked identical. 

#11 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,019 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:16 PM

Creator NXT 3 is not compatible with Win 10....Creator NXT 4 is the only one that is.

#12 Steve88

Steve88

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:47 PM

Per Corel's OWN website AND Sales Department, that is INCORRECT. See below:

Per Chat with Sales

Dindo

Hi, I'm Dindo and welcome to Corel Chat Sales Support Services.
For QA purposes and confirmation, your question is: Is Creator NXT 3 Compatible with Win 10?

Dindo
Yes, the Roxio Creator NXT 3 is compatible with the Windows 10

Per Corel's Website:

Learn more about the products Corel has ready for Windows 10

So What goes???

STILL can't get through to Corel's Tech Support

Edited by Steve88, 12 July 2016 - 05:53 PM.

#13 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,905 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:05 AM

https://www.corel.co...and-windows-10/

Learn more about the products Corel has ready for Windows 10

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#14 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,350 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:17 AM

Dindo was WRONG it is that simple and you have proven that... NXT 3 is not compatible with Win 10!

We are trying to help you but you seem determined to ignore what we are telling you try to cherry pick the answers you want to hear...

Might be better to stop arguing with people who actually poke at the software and know something about it. Tech Support reads scripts and sometimes draw false conclusions :huh:

You are not the first to upgrade yourself right out of your software. NXT 4 is the only one that works in Win 10!

(while I have Creator 2012 running in Win 10 along with NXT 4, I cannot say that it will always run or that it will not adversely effect something else)

#15 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,113 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:29 PM

If anyone actually read this topic the problem is not compatibility of Creator with Windows 10, it's a clash between Creator and some old HP scanner software.

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this conflict?

#16 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,566 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:52 PM

If anyone actually read this topic the problem is not compatibility of Creator with Windows 10, it's a clash between Creator and some old HP scanner software.

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this conflict?

Dump the HP scanner.  I had a very expensive HP scanner, for my business, and it caused a lot of problems with other software.  It is sitting in the back room now, and has been for many years.  The scanner on the Epson  Artisan 837 does a better job than the Hp did.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

#17 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,350 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:01 AM

If anyone actually read this topic the problem is not compatibility of Creator with Windows 10...

Yes I read that too but temper that with the fact that it has never happened in the past. At the same time it could have become the 'perfect storm' when Win 10 was added into the mix. :lol:

#18 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,788 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:39 AM

What happens if the scanner driver/software is reinstalled after NXT3 is installed?  I'm not terribly hopeful that that will help, since uninstalling NXT3 solves the scanner problem, but it would be something worth trying.  (I had an issue once with a Canon printer and an old version of Adaptec Easy CD Creator on Windows 98, that was dependent on the order of installation.)

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

Instructions for posting images in your post.
Contact Roxio/Corel Support to reset your Key after too many install attempts

#19 Steve88

Steve88

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:28 AM

No change, Scanner still crashes when Creator NXT 3 is installed. REMOVE it, and NO ISSUES with scanner. 

I HAVE however, used that technique of post re-install successfully elsewhere.

Brendon, thank you for setting the record straight.  The reason I am suspecting the issue is with a driver conflict between Creator and the specifically just ONE of my scanners, is that the program and other HP scanner works fine when C-NXT3 is installed. That's just not the scanner I use as it is a multi-function device that lacks the speed, resolution and accuracy of my once expensive (now dated) dedicated scanner.

The reason I am so adamant about the Win 10 compatibility is that I both checked C-NXT3's compatibility BEFORE I purchased to make certain the issue with the CD/DVD drives was properly addressed and that NXT3 uses the newer style filters to address the drives. Here is a site that still remains on the 'net today that shows ver 3 is Win 10 certified. http://www.corel.com...and-windows-10/

As the product developed and C-NXT4 superseded ver 3, they replace ver 3 on that info page.  That doesn't mean that ver 3 LOST it's certification.  Three times now, I have validated thru the sales/chat and with the assistance of tech support that C-NXT3 IS MOST DEFINITELY WINDOWS 10 compatible.

Windows 10 is a fresh (two weeks) install and clean (not over any other OS). Creator NXT 3, is also a clean install on a newly formatted drive.

The scanner is my trusty HP ScanJet 8200 series. I have used this successfully with many MS OSs.

The software that is affected is HP's Solution Center 140.0.18.23 which is also working for my much newer OfficeJet Pro 7780, (which seem unaffected)

When Creator NXT 3 is installed on Win 10, the scanner will operate and the image is scanned into the Solution Center. At the end of the scan cycle, Solution Center crashes with the message:

HP Scan Application Resources has stopped working   A problem has caused the program to stop working...

I use HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix issues. It has ALWAYS worked in the past. HPPSdr is my goto with ANY printer or scanner hiccup! This time., no difference.  It says there are no issues found.But once I remove Creator NXT 3, the scanner works without issue.

Three days, two tech tickets, and a request from sales to escalate tech service, and still NO CONTACT from tech support... sad sad sad, for Corel.  

At this point, for the very few times I use Creator, it gets the back seat, NO INSTALL ON WIN 10!  As soon as I can. I will add another drive with Win 7 to dual boot as I find Win 7 handles legacy programs MUCH better than Win 10.  That's where Creator 2010 SE will go IF I can ever get a refund for NXT3

If anyone has experienced HP scanner driver issues and has a resolve, please let me know.

Steve 

#20 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,905 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:14 PM

The scanner is my trusty HP ScanJet 8200 series.

When Creator NXT 3 is installed on Win 10, the scanner will operate and the image is scanned into the Solution Center. At the end of the scan cycle, Solution Center crashes with the message:

We are talking NXT 3 on W-10 and the HP ScanJet 8200 series on W-10. :rolleyes:

I don't see any W-10 software on the HP website for a HP ScanJet 8200 series. :unsure:

cd

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users