Sign in to follow this  
tekdiver

Dvd Playback

Question

Hello all,

I am fairly new to Toast and am wondering if anybody could assist me.

I want to be able to have one video play when the disc plays after inserting into DVD player, and then have the main menu appear after the video finishes. If possible, I would also like the video played before the main menu to be hidden from the main menu. All the searches I have down haven't resulted in anything useful.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

2 answers to this question

You want much more authoring control than Toast provides.

MyDVDEdit could help in changing the behavior of a VIDEO_TS folder, which you can extract (copy) from mounted disk image files created by e.g. Toast.

Hiding a Video Title Set from the menu may need some additional trickery, such as authoring twice, with and without that one clip and then swapping the menu files. Which may or may not create new problems. This step should be done before modifying with MyDVDEdit.

You want much more authoring control than Toast provides.

MyDVDEdit could help in changing the behavior of a VIDEO_TS folder, which you can extract (copy) from mounted disk image files created by e.g. Toast.

Hiding a Video Title Set from the menu may need some additional trickery, such as authoring twice, with and without that one clip and then swapping the menu files. Which may or may not create new problems. This step should be done before modifying with MyDVDEdit.

Thanks! I will give it a try and see what I can do.