Question

New install of Creator NXT 4, replacing Creator NXT

hp p6-2310

Windows 10 home

AMD A4-3420 APU with Radeon HD

HD Graphics 2.80 Ghz

6.00GB

64 bit operating system x64-based processor

I am having a problem burning a DVD using Creator NXT 4, Create DVD. I have read the various posts here and tried the suggestion to turn of the anti-virus program (Windows Defender), the firewall (Windows Firewall) and registry cleaner (Ccleaner) run the repair of NXT4, reboot, and turn all of the above back on. This did not solve my DVD burning problem. I have also tried an update of drivers from hp, also based on information from a post here. I updated using hp Support Solutions. That has not fixed my problem.

I have also been trying to use Roxio Tech Support, so, below is detail of other suggestions that I have tried to this point. The Tech Support has been very slow, it has been spread out over six days. And at this point, I have not received a suggestion that has corrected the problem.

ME: New install of Roxio Creator NXT4. Replaced Roxio Creator NXT because Videowave stopped working. Couldn't fix. Now using NXT4, trying to Create DVD. Click DVD to create new project. Select theme, drag content (.mpg file), preview the program. Looks great. Using the burn key, try to burn to DVD. Won't burn. Says, Burning Disc, Please Wait, 0%. Never changes from 0%. Does not burn. Have reinstalled program. Still doesn't work. Very frustrating!

A note here. I have allowed to let the burn process to run for as long as an hour. During the time, while trying to solve the problem, I have attempted the burn process over 20 time. Each time the result is the same. Nothing ever happens, it stays at 0%, and I must cancel the process for it to stop. There is never an error message. It does not lock up my computer, as I can cancel. The program indicates that the DVD has not been burned and I must click “finish”, in order to end the process.

TECH SUPPORT: Please try and/or check for the following.

·Try burning using another disc ? Use of a disc with RW lalbel is recommended for you can use it over and over.

ME: I have tried several discs. No RWs. 4.7GB and 8.5GB DVRs.·

TECH SUPPORT: Please check if there are corrupted file on your image for they might be the one causing your files to not burn.Corrupted file on my image?

ME: How would this be determined? If you mean the video clip file that I dragged while using My DVD, if it was corrupt, why would the preview work? I have tried a different video clip. Again, I can preview the program just fine. Does not burn.

TECH SUPPORT: Please check your DVD drive's driver if it is in the latest version.

ME: I have searched for an update and the result was "Best Driver Already Installed.

ME: Since I sent my first email, I have tried this: From Videowave, I have a four clip production completed. I clicked on the DVD icon and a video file is created and I saved it. I can then go to the Burn Data Disc screen, add the video file and burn a DVD. It burns just fine and I can play the production on my DVD player. This works to get my clips to a DVD, but I don't get the theme, menu, titles, etc. that I am suppose to get from My DVD. If the burn is successful from the Burn Data Disc , why does it not work from the My DVD?
I have now also used the program to successfully burn an audio CD.

TECH SUPPORT: Please do the following.

Delete Temporary files.

• To delete the Windows Temporary Files, please follow these steps:
a) On your keyboard, press and hold the "Windows Logo" and the "R" keys to launch the "Run" dialog box.
B) On the "Run" box, type: %temp%
c) Click "OK" or press "Enter" to open the Temp directory folder window.
d) On your keyboard, press and hold the "Ctrl" and the "A" keys to Select All of the files.
e) Press the "Delete" key and then click "Yes" on the message asking if you are sure to move the selected items (files) to the Recycle Bin.
f) Skip all files that cannot be deleted (there are usually about 3 to 5 temp files in use by Windows at any given time which cannot be deleted).
g) Close the Temp directory folder window.

• To delete the Temporary Internet Files, please follow these steps:
a) Press and hold the "Windows Logo" and the "R" keys to launch the "Run" dialog box.
B) On the "Run" box, type: inetcpl.cpl
c) Click "OK" or press "Enter" to launch the Internet Properties dialog box.
d) Click the "General" tab and under "Browsing history", click "Delete".
e) On the "Delete Browsing History" dialog box, put a check on the box for "Temporary Internet files and website files" then click "Delete".
f) Click "Apply" and click "OK".

Let me know how this goes.

ME: I followed the steps that you detailed. The temporary files were deleted. The temporary internet files were deleted. I then went to My DVD to set up my theme, drop and drag my .mpg clip in and then previewed the program. Again everything worked great up to this point. I clicked the DVD burn key, and again nothing. Stays on 0% and no burn.
I went back to the temporary files and here is what is now in there:
MYDVDtemp Images (empty) SubPicProd thumbnailVideo_TD (empty)ProduceTemplateROXF065ROXR065temp

ME:

I have gone to my program files to do some checking.
In ProgramFiles>Roxio>RoxioBurnDated 8/14/2015contents: RB_Contextmenu64.dll and RB_VirtualFolder64.dll
In ProgramFiles(x86)>Roxio
Roxio Folder (dated 3/10/16)Roxio Creator NXT (22 folders all dated 1/9/2014)Roxio Creator NXT 4 (24 folders some dated 3/10/2016 and some dated 3/17/2016)
I thought that Roxio Creator NXT was removed during the installation of NXT 4? Why is there a NXT folder still in my program files (x86)? Could this be causing a problem? What is the Roxio Burn folder from 2015 doing in my program files? Could this be causing a problem? I see that there is a Roxio Burn folder inside the NXT 4 folder and it is full of "stuff". Is the ProgramFiles>Roxio>RoxioBurn the problem?

ME: I was concerned that there were still old program files on my computer after the install of NXT4. I sent you a list of these folders in my last email. I have now removed all Roxio folders and uninstalled NXT and NXT4 from my computer. I then reinstalled NXT4. Now all of the folders are back, but they are all dated 2/22/2016. There is no longer an NXT folder. Only NXT4. After this, I went into MY DVD to set up my program. Same problem when I try to burn a DVD. Stays on 0%.
I then tried a different approach by trying to save the project to an ISO image. I was planning on using the Burn Data Disc and burning the ISO file in this manner. I have been using the Burn Data Disk and it works fine. When I selected the Save Project to an ISO Image command, I got this error message: Unknown Error Exception from HRESULT:0xC20100AD then: MYDVD App has stopped working. Close Program.
So, not only can I not burn to a DVD, but I cannot save the project to an ISO image.

13 answers to this question

I just completed a two hour remote session with a Corel Support tech. I have been in contact by email starting nine days ago. We had some time zone issues as he was in the middle of the night at 7am for me. The first hour was basically going through the process of how I was using My DVD to prepare the program for a DVD burn. He also tried the repair process.

He was able to solve my problem. He did a clean boot. First he went into device manager and it did not seem like he did anything. Then he was in msconfig>services>disable all. He then applied, exit without restart. Then he pulled up a reboot command, then he rebooted. He then did a repair program from my original download folder for NXT 4. After the repair was completed he had me go to My DVD, I dragged my video file in, did a preview, clicked on the burn key and my DVD burned. When I asked him why this worked, he indicated that the services running at start up were causing an unsuccessful repair process. After disabling the running services and a reboot, the program was able to do a successful repair.

Again, I would like to thank all of you for your posts. Hopefully what I have posted here will help others with the same problem. This was my only issue with NXT 4. I am hoping that I will be able to use it to produce quality VHS to DVD programs.

I would download the free trail version of revouninstaller, http://www.revouninstaller.com/

I would uninstall all Roxio software.

When you highlight the software to uninstall right click on it and choose moderate mode.

When all Roxio software is removed reboot the PC shut down all running programs including antivirus/firewall software then install NXT 4 software, reboot the PC and update it through the program.

Thank you for your post.

I downloaded Revo Uninstaller. Uninstalled all Roxio software. Reboot. Turned off antivirus, etc. Reboot. Went to reload the NXT 4 software and was informed that I had used the product key too many times. All of my previous attempts to reload the software. I need to get my software download restored. I will do that, try your suggested reload procedure then. I will post results.

You will have to send a message to Rox-Ralf to reset your Install Count. Include your CD License Key (only to him, never in the open forum) and he will fix that.

Some info for you - a Player cannot be used to judge a "corrupt file" :huh: Players are designed to swallow as many errors as possible and keep on playing! Authoring on the other hand takes apart a clip, frame by frame, to rewrite it into a Standard DVD Format. It is NOT tolerant of errors in the file.

Slapping files onto a Disc with a burn program will produce a Data DVD that some Players can play but most will not! You need the DVD Movie authoring for universal use.

Being a little less argumentative with Tech Support will yield better results... Here, we don't work for Roxio (not Rox in our name) so we don't have to be polite, but try to up to a point -_-

There are some PC's - Burners - Software that simply will not work together. Recently one user got it working after his manufacture gave him a BIOS update... May not work in all cases but it gives us hope ;)

Let's get you reset, installed and then see where to go.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

I am off of my computer until this afternoon. I will post an update at that time. Thank you for help and suggestions to this point.

For some reason, I was able to complete a reinstall this morning. I did not hear back from Tech Support on the License Key issue, but for some reason I did not get kicked out.

I would download the free trail version of revouninstaller, http://www.revouninstaller.com/

I would uninstall all Roxio software.

When you highlight the software to uninstall right click on it and choose moderate mode.

When all Roxio software is removed reboot the PC shut down all running programs including antivirus/firewall software then install NXT 4 software, reboot the PC and update it through the program.

I followed this procedure to the letter. Everything went just fine. But, unfortunately, the results were the same when I tried to burn the DVD. When I click the Burn Key, it does indicated that it is "initializing burn", then quickly moves on to "Burning Disc, please wait. This is where everything stops. I then need to cancel, the program indicates that the DVD was not burned, and I must click "finish". I have also, again, tried to "save project to an IOS Image". I get this error message: Unknown Error Exception from HRESULT:0xC20100AD then: MYDVD App has stopped working. Close Program.

I did run an HP Support Solutions driver update. Getting a BIOS update from the manufacturer would be a separate issue?

PicMan - That is ISO (image file), not IOS.

Are you trying to burn a standard DVD, an AVCHD disc or a blu ray?

Have you tried making a small project and trying to burn that? That should tell us if the issue is with the project you are trying to burn or the program.

From the main menu, I am selecting "Create DVDs". I have been selecting DVD, not AVCHD or blu ray. The program is given a name using the date, I leave it. The save to location is a folder on an external hard drive. I click OK. I select the theme and I drop and drag an .mpg file from my video folder. One .mpg file. My project is ready to burn. I preview it using the play button and I see the theme, menu, movie title, background music and the intro video clip play. Using the "remote" I push ok and my video plays. Then I click the burn key. No burn. I have tired more than one .mpg file and I have tried two different AVI files also. Each time I drop and drag my selection into the program and proceed as I have detailed here. I have used Creator NXT 4 to burn an audio CD, no problem. I have also taken a production from Videowave, and while in Videowave, clicked on the DVD icon on that page and created a video file and saved it. I can then go to the main menu and select Burn Data Disc, add the video file and burn a DVD. This works just fine and I can play the DVD on my DVD player. But I don't get the theme, menu, titles, musical intro, etc. that I would get if My DVD was working.

Additionally, in an effort to see if the BIOS update was a possible concern: I went into my program files(x86)>HP Support Framework>HPSF. I selected Updates and Tune-ups. HP Support scanned for updates and tune-ups. No updates were available for download. I clicked on the the updates tab and again it was indicated "no updates available".

PicMan: The error you are getting is an indication of issues with your project or the software...

Steve suggested a NEW short project. Use one of the Windows Sample Files under Video. Make the Project directly in MyDVD then:

See if it will 'burn' as an ISO file...

Burn to Disc...

Keep it simple, just do that and skip any whistles or bells. Try it both ways, in that order as each way tells us something ;)

The BIOS was a long shot. You have probably seen by now that when computers are involved, one persons "solution" rarely works for others :P

That is Great!!! Thanks for providing the detailed steps from Tech Support.

If you have other problems or just questions, please drop by -_-

Additional information on the solution to my DVD burn problem.

Press Microsoft and R keys at the same time.

In Open, type: msconfig then OK

Select: Services tab.

Select: Hide All Microsoft services

Select: Disable All then Apply

Reboot

Reinstall Roxio NXT4 using the Repair option.