Sign in to follow this  
RichS

Black And White Video

Question

I am trying to capture video from my Sony DCR-TRV38 mini DV camera to the computer. When I connect the Audio/Video cable to my TV I get color video, and of course sound, but only black and white video through the HD Pro to the computer. I do not see any settings that can be modified to get the color video. The only video output options on the camera is the Audio/Video and S-Video.

post-129767-0-69428700-1459228318_thumb.jpg

2 answers to this question

Your picture is showing that you are imputing a Composite video...

The RGC devices only accept Component Video or HDMI input.

Your choices are a little limited at this point.

If you have any Player (DVD or BD) that you could Input the Composite Into and use its' HDMI or Composite pass through Output would dot the trick. (TVs don't do this)

A converter would do it, but at that price you could probably buy an SD capture device like Roxio's VHS to DVD.

Let us know how you make out ;)

Your picture is showing that you are imputing a Composite video...

The RGC devices only accept Component Video or HDMI input.

Your choices are a little limited at this point.

If you have any Player (DVD or BD) that you could Input the Composite Into and use its' HDMI or Composite pass through Output would dot the trick. (TVs don't do this)

A converter would do it, but at that price you could probably buy an SD capture device like Roxio's VHS to DVD.

Let us know how you make out ;)

Okay, it appears that I was almost on the right track but there isn't an Audio/Video to Component cable that I have found. Therefore, I will try as you suggested and use the Roxio VHS to DVD device. It appears that I can connect to S-Video for video and use an Audio/Video cable to capture sound. On the plus side, if this works properly it is about $60 cheaper than the HD Pro.

I can try the pass through method straight away since I have a few old DVD players sitting around. I am not a expert on audio/video connections but I would presume that there would be some level of video degradation using this method.

Thank you for the quick reply and I should be off an running with either method.