billz

Easy Cd - Bdr Capable?

Question

The firm I work for wants me (the IT nerd), to "..locate some 'capable', but not too costly.." "burning software" for CD/DVD burning (100% all 'internal' data), that "...simply works.. no headaches..". Well, since I've used Roxio Easy Media products since pretty much FOREVER, of course I'm gonna 'opt' for Roxio over something like Nero, any day. So, I was thinking I'd just grab Easy CD for this purpose 'cuz y'can't beat the price and I KNOW it works..

But then today, they JUST dropped another one on me, by asking me to also provide BDR capability for 'archiving' a boatload of old data from the server... And if this is the case, then I'd prefer to find something that can also accommodate some higher storage capacities, like BDR-XL (multi-layer disks up to 100+ GB and more..). So, I'm looking at the LG WH14NS40, which accommodates 'multi-layer' media, has good 'reviews', and is NOT very costly, at all (and since I think this is going to be a "goes-no-where" situation, here, I don't want to get into this by throwing too much expense at this... You know who's gonna "catch it" if I 'invest' a lotta bucks in this.. Got THAT T-shirt, already...) but you see where I'm going with this... Does Easy CD also accommodate, support BDR and BDR-XL up to this capacity? - or should I look at another product? All systems are a 60/40 mix of Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. All PCs have a minimum of 8 GB DDR3 RAM, all PCs are a minimum of i3@2.2GHz (most i5 or are 'better').

So what's everyone's input/suggestion? Easy CD or NXT.. or what?

3 answers to this question

It is in the Easy CD and DVD Burning suite as well as available in the Store under Business tab. (call/write for price)

post-39730-0-04660200-1459806068_thumb.jpg

post-39730-0-96955200-1459806068_thumb.jpg

Only thing I don't care for is that a user can set encryption and a password. The clowns I worked with might just do that...

Likewise it is a small target to hit with a drag & drop. Very easy to end up with a mass of files on your desktop :lol:

post-39730-0-64013500-1459806077_thumb.jpg

As far as the BDR-XL you are playing with an unproven product that is not readable or writeable in all burners. Remember Q-disc or M discs? Flash in the pan...

For archival purposes, I agree with Jim. It may take more discs, but the single layer media should be significantly more reliable and readable on more devices.