Hawkeye47

Mp3 Not An Option When Exporting From Sound Editor?

Question

18 answers to this question

I don't have Creator 2011 installed, I have Creator 2012 Pro, but the Sound Editor between versions didn't change a lot. My output options have several file types, including .MP3, as shown below. Hopefully someone else with Creator 2011 installed will be able to check as well. What file types do you show?

post-61-0-92963400-1459987317_thumb.jpg

That image is after clicking the "Export current clip" option, but I get similar options with the "Export Tracks/Clips" selection.

Edited by d_deweywright

Yes there is.

Export Current Clip > Output Settings

- click on pulldown arrow left of the Options button

- select one of the MP3 settings

- adjust file name

- click Export button

post-208-0-66892500-1459987410_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

Hello, The output settings drop down does not have any mp3 choices.The iPod, Wav and WMA options are available. The Sound Editor I am using is packaged with Easy DVD 3 Plus. The About tab shows the Sound Editor is Build 30 1B75B ENU.

Cheers

Mike

Hello Mike,

You posted in the Creator 2011 forum, so got answers relating to Creator 2011. I have searched, but can't find software called Easy DVD 3 Plus.

What software are you really using, please?

Brendon

??? wonder if that is the Sound Editor in, Roxio Easy VHS to DVD?

I have the Plus version of that and MP3 is there as you point out. I really doubt that they excluded it from the Standard version. Still the Build of 301Bxxx is pretty common across many products.

Really need that info that Brendon asked for -_-

Really need that info that Brendon asked for -_-

That's why I asked for it.

Guessing wastes a lot of time which could be spent helping others.

guessing doesn't hurt a thing...

Hawkeye47: Go under the Custom - Edit and see if it is in the drop down list there???

No idea why yours would not have this (mp3) option :wacko: I found an older one, 201Bxxxx, and it was there in that one.

What does the iPod output produce?

Another trick would be to Remove the EVD3, reboot and install it again making sure you use the defaults.

No idea why yours would not have this (mp3) option :wacko: I found an older one, 201Bxxxx, and it was there in that one.

One possibility I can come up with is that you also have other Roxio software with may have installed an MP3 encoder, that may not actually come with the EVD 3 Plus package, but is recognized by it. Only way to check that out would be with a clean Windows setup.

At one point, and I'm thinking back to ECDC 5 or 7, to get MP3 output, you had to have installed something like the LAME encoder separately, which the package would then recognize and add into the output options.

Thanks,It doesnt show up under custom either! You got me thinkin though. I have another PC that I can install it on and see what happens. Thats going to be later this afternoon or evening.

TY

Thanks,It doesnt show up under custom either! You got me thinkin though. I have another PC that I can install it on and see what happens. Thats going to be later this afternoon or evening.

TY

This is Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus Sound Editor.

It shows up in the Export Current Clip & in options no matter what is shown in the presets box, wav or custom.

I would say your installation was faulty!

I would run a repair or uninstall reinstall with all running programs shut off especially antivirus/firewall software.

post-97-0-84606700-1460055460_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-30105500-1460055461_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-25044000-1460055460_thumb.jpg

Just as a double check, make sure you meet and have these requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • Microsoft® Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows Vista® Home Basic (SP1), Windows® XP (SP3 for 32-bit, SP2 for 64-bit)
  • Processor and RAM, 1.6 GHz processor and 512 MB RAM or more, or the minimum system requirements of the OS, whichever is higher.
  • DirectX 9 compatible graphics card or higher, sound card, DVD-ROM drive
  • 2 GB free hard drive space for installation
  • Windows Media Player 10, 11 or 12
  • DVD Writer for DVD
  • Internet Explorer® 7, 8 or 9
  • One available USB 2.0 port
  • Minimum screen resolution 1024x768

Just as a double check, make sure you meet and have these requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • Microsoft® Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows Vista® Home Basic (SP1), Windows® XP (SP3 for 32-bit, SP2 for 64-bit)
  • Processor and RAM, 1.6 GHz processor and 512 MB RAM or more, or the minimum system requirements of the OS, whichever is higher.
  • DirectX 9 compatible graphics card or higher, sound card, DVD-ROM drive
  • 2 GB free hard drive space for installation
  • Windows Media Player 10, 11 or 12
  • DVD Writer for DVD
  • Internet Explorer® 7, 8 or 9
  • One available USB 2.0 port
  • Minimum screen resolution 1024x768

Those requirements have nothing to do with why mp3 doesn't show for the OP!

A lot of guessing going on in this thread!

Of course there is guessing - all of the normal solutions have been proposed and nothing seems to work. Of course, the OP isn't very talkative (wrong program to begin with).

I was wondering if a codec for mp3 audio was missing and might be in IE or WMP. (especially). Perhaps the OP installed a codec pack or program that overrode or deleted the needed codec.

I'm just adding to the cluster but I'll stop now ! :unsure:

Edited by sknis

I'm just adding to the cluster but I'll stop now ! :unsure:

I will leave it to Jim.

Okay... so I just installed EVD3 (not the "Plus" version) onto a bare bones Windows 7 system, with no previous version of Creator anything on it, and I still had the .MP3 out options available in Sound Editor. It really looks like a hosed installation.

Easy gang!

The goal is to get Hawkey47 up and running :huh:

Be that through a 'guess' - 'cluster' - 'review' or 'advice' is moot!

Everyone is contributing something and that is getting Hawkey47 closer to what he came here for -_-

• Like 1