Sign in to follow this  
MonsterMatt095

Videowave Constantly Crashing?

Question

7 answers to this question

More than likely it hs just gone a bit corrupt...

Let's see if a Proper Repair will get you back in business:

First thing to do is turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Insert your Roxio Disc.

Don't do any updates at this time (get it running first)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

That should get you back in business, let us know ;)

More than likely it hs just gone a bit corrupt...

Let's see if a Proper Repair will get you back in business:

First thing to do is turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Insert your Roxio Disc.

Don't do any updates at this time (get it running first)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

That should get you back in business, let us know ;)

I tried that and uninstalling & reinstalling the software, and still the problem persists..

I have no idea why its doing it.. Especially considering it works fine with other video formats!

Next is to make sure you are set to Software Rendering.

Tools Options.

Also after that, try a completely different file and format.

Monster Matt. It's no use. If you are doing gameplay, do what i do. I use the Roxio editor to line up my voice audio with the video, i render it on the highest setting there is, then i edit it on windows movie maker. Make your own preference for output in movie maker. I max everything out. Puts out good videos.

But give up trying to get the editor working. It crashes, you make one edit and the once smooth video is choppy except the audio. Its just a mess. Im hoping Roxio is working to fix this.

Monster Matt. It's no use. If you are doing gameplay, do what i do. I use the Roxio editor to line up my voice audio with the video, i render it on the highest setting there is, then i edit it on windows movie maker. Make your own preference for output in movie maker. I max everything out. Puts out good videos.

But give up trying to get the editor working. It crashes, you make one edit and the once smooth video is choppy except the audio. Its just a mess. Im hoping Roxio is working to fix this.

Simply not true. If there were this ;flaw' as you contend, all of us would have it instead of a select few.

If it isn't a corruption in the software, it goes to the PC...

In Matt's case it has worked without issue for 2 years :huh: Something has changed. A setting change, an update, hardware/software added or removed, a lot of things.

Swiftie4Life

Why not just edit the video purely in Movie Maker? The .m2ts format works fine in Movie Maker, then just add your commentary as the 'music' track and sync it to your gameplay. :)

The only real disadvantage to movie maker is that you can't add overlays such as facecam or any overlaying images to your video, whereas you can in Videowave.

Jim_Hardin

I have tried running this option (photo) on both Hard and Software- doing so doesn't appear to make a difference..

The occurrence happens on both settings.

What about the other test? When I throw out a few things I would appricate all being answered in place a blanket statement ;)

(the one about a test file?)

Really tied up today but I have another test in mind - havign a friend install and run it on another PC. Doing a through uninstall/reinstall (maybe someone can post instructions or point him to a post about Revo)