GordonL

Label Scenes For Easier Arrangement In Video Editing

Question

I am editing a video of a chorale concert, filmed on two successive days. On storyboard, even with 21 inch monitor, the 20 +- scenes all look alike, i.e. a group of singers and a director. I need to put the songs in the correct order. The only way I can identify between them is to play the audio enough to identify the song. In a former editing program, possible windows movie maker, I was able to put a text label under each scene, which did not show up on replay, but made it a snap to arrange the clips and choose between two shootings of the same song in order to pick the better of the two. I hope that there is a way to do this with NXT-4. Help.

3 answers to this question

The answer is a qualified yes...

You have to be careful with the naming!

In Scenes, Right Click the scene and choose Rename:

post-39730-0-61090000-1461149073_thumb.jpg

Name them but note they are in order. I have renamed Scene 0001, 0002:

post-39730-0-02921200-1461149075_thumb.jpg

But when I close and reopen Scenes they have re-alphabetized themselves:

post-39730-0-38229300-1461149076_thumb.jpg

Since it uses the first "word" to alphabetize, I can get a little creative by preceeding them with a number to maintain the order I want them in.

post-39730-0-37121600-1461149688_thumb.jpg

Give that a try and let us know ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Thanks Jim. In the media selector, showing all the scenes, when I right click on any of them, there is no option to "Rename". What am I doing wrong?

Sorry Jim. I was trying to rename after they had been added to the story board. Looks as though I have to rename after adding to the media selector before bringing down to the story board.