Question

Why is it that when I copy the contents of a DVD to my harddrive and then import the .VOB files into VideoWave I don't get any sound? But if I convert everything into one .MP4 file, then I do get sound. Anyone else experience this problem?

29 answers to this question

Yes I am ~ took a while to find my way back :D

post-39730-0-15977900-1466075172_thumb.jpg

(Allegheny River Trail - NW PA)

The EVD 3 Capture Device and Software is great! Your VideoWave and MyDVD is much better for editing and authoring (burn disc)... Also, the Capture program within your NXT Suite is compatible with the EVD Capture Device, so you have one stop shopping ;)

Before taking that route I would like you to try a Repair to your software. Also like to see the specifics of your PC. For that later, please follow Steve's instructions HERE.

For the Repair, do the following:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Don’t do any updates at this time (get it running first)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

The file will give us a lot more about your PC whereas the Repair may fix it and repair does not change your Install Count.

When the Repair completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Great, thanks, I'll try that!

It's not just the bootleg DVDs I'm having problems with now. It's MP4s that my husband has been collecting from various people - they play fine in Real Player, but then the sound is way out of sync in VideoWave. So, maybe the repair can fix all that.

Great, thanks, I'll try that!

It's not just the bootleg DVDs I'm having problems with now. It's MP4s that my husband has been collecting from various people - they play fine in Real Player, but then the sound is way out of sync in VideoWave. So, maybe the repair can fix all that.

I don't know how Real Player interacts with Roxio software now, but back, many versions ago, it fouled up audio in the Roxio program. I uninstalled Real Player and never used it again. It cleared up audio problems, with Roxio, after I uninstalled Real Player.

That may not be the case today, but who knows?

I don't know how Real Player interacts with Roxio software now, but back, many versions ago, it fouled up audio in the Roxio program. I uninstalled Real Player and never used it again. It cleared up audio problems, with Roxio, after I uninstalled Real Player.

That may not be the case today, but who knows?

Yah, Real Player still gives me chills like the buzz of a rattlesnake :lol: