Zonker1972

Issues After Loading....

Question

So i'm running windows 10 my my surface pro 3 and I would like to make some VHS tapes into digital media to save on my hard drive. The software loads fine, i update it from roxio's website just fine but when i push play on the vcr, I get what looks like scrambled signal for about 2 seconds and then it looses the video feed. I am using the yellow/red/white jacks, no s-video connection. I've also tried to load the software on a virtual box running XP. even though the USB specific to the hardware stick is loaded, the software can't seem to find the video feed.

I used to have a one touch grabber that worked well but that was years and many operating systems ago. it won't run on windows 10.

any help is greatly appreciated.

zonker

10 answers to this question

Do you have Easy VHS to DVD or Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus software?

Is there a gap/gaps in the tape that will lose the signal?

i have the 3 plus software. there are no gaps on the tape that would account for the loss of signal. i have tried 2 different tapes that both played fine in the past.

i have tried 2 different tapes that both played fine in the past.

Where did they play fine through Roxio USB capture?

no. they played fine on this vcr when it was hooked to my tv. also, these tapes played fine when i had my old computer hooked to this vcr through one touch grabber, another vhs to dvd package.

Try other USB ports.

Try passing the VHS signal through a dvd player to the Roxio USB Device.

I've also tried to load the software on a virtual box

Won't work.

thanks for the advice. i've tried 3 different USB ports on my port replicator and the only one on my surface. i get the same results regardless of which USB is used.

any other ideas?

thanks for the advice. i've tried 3 different USB ports on my port replicator and the only one on my surface. i get the same results regardless of which USB is used.

any other ideas?

A port replicator is a type of docking station for connecting multiple peripherals to an electronic device such as a laptop computer.

Plug the Roxio Capture USB Device directly into the PC. Don't use a USB port replicator or USB docking stations the port has to carry 500ma of power to work.

Edited by cdanteek

i think we found the problem. i don't think the surface usb puts out that much power. i know that it doesn't put out enough power to run a dvd drive.