psl

Video Won't Display On My Laptop Windows 10

Question

I purchased Easy VHS to DVD 3 (stated onpost-129981-0-84766800-1462025909_thumb.png the box) and installed on my laptop yesterday. Windows 10. The installation DVD says Easy VHS to DVD 3 plus. I went online and paid for an upgrade to PLUS, not realizing the DVD said PLUS on it. Anyway, everything is plugged in correctly, yellow to yellow, red to red, white to white. The video will not display on my laptop in the software's display window, so I cannot hit the RECORD button. Screen says Roxio searching for video signal (see attached screen shot)

I tried installing on my pc that has windows 7. Same problem.

I tried on two different VCR's. Same problem.

I went online and downloaded a patch. Did not fix problem.

I went online to customer support, the lady said she isn't qualified to help me (after about a half hour online!) and she would issue a support ticket. She did say this should run on windows 10.

I am not a tech guru, and am so frustrated. I want my $19.99 back that I spent on the upgrade, and I want to return this software to BestBuy, unless you can fix this ASAP!

HELP!

8 answers to this question

Open Device manager with the Roxio USB Capture Device plugged in.

What does your show?

post-97-0-91410600-1462026851_thumb.jpg

You said " and I want to return this software to BestBuy, unless you can fix this ASAP!" We are users so we cannot fix your software!

Some questions to answer before we go further:

1) Did you plug in the USB device BEFORE you installed the program. If so, there is a good chance that that is your probelem.

2) What vcr devices are you trying to capture from?

3) Are you using the outputs on the front or back of the VCRs?

4) What happens if you start the video playback on the VCR and then press pause? Does the program see the input?

1) Did you plug in the USB device BEFORE you installed the program. If so, there is a good chance that that is your probelem. I don't think so, but I will unplug, uninstall and reinstall.

2) What vcr devices are you trying to capture from? Samsung and I tried a Sylvania.

3) Are you using the outputs on the front or back of the VCRs? Front

4) What happens if you start the video playback on the VCR and then press pause? Does the program see the input? No, I have tried playing then pressing pause. The video does not show on the screen at all. I cannot press the record button as it is not "visible" to press record.

Thank you for such a quick response!! I appreciate you taking the time to try to help me!!

post-129981-0-23428400-1462028324_thumb.png

You are a genius!!! I plugged cables into back of VCR and voila!!! it is working!!!

Thank you so much! I never would of thought of that!!!

We call those problems Picnic - problem in chair not in computer ! Since there is an acronym for it that means there are a lot of them ! :o:P

A few things to remember a blank ion the tape will cause the program to think that the tape is finished and stop the capture. Always capture to your computer and not directly to a disc. Edit and burn from the captured video so that you don;t waste discs. Buy good quality discs - no Memorex, no store brands. Buy one or two rewritable discs to use when you are learning and practicing. They should not be used for long term keepsakes.

Come back anytime you have a question.

Also, the connectors on the front of the VCR are actually "inputs" not outputs. A set of connectors to feed in a signal from another video device (camera, VCR, etc.) so no signal comes out of them.