• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 psl

psl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:20 AM

I purchased Easy VHS to DVD 3 (stated onAttached File  Roxio_searching_for_video_signal.png   30.11KB   0 downloads the box) and installed on my laptop yesterday. Windows 10. The installation DVD says Easy VHS to DVD 3 plus. I went online and paid for an upgrade to PLUS, not realizing the DVD said PLUS on it. Anyway, everything is plugged in correctly, yellow to yellow, red to red, white to white. The video will not display on my laptop in the software's display window, so I cannot hit the RECORD button. Screen says Roxio searching for video signal (see attached screen shot)

I tried installing on my pc that has windows 7. Same problem.

I tried on two different VCR's. Same problem.

I went online and downloaded a patch. Did not fix problem.

I went online to customer support, the lady said she isn't qualified to help me (after about a half hour online!) and she would issue a support ticket. She did say this should run on windows 10.

I am not a tech guru, and am so frustrated. I want my $19.99 back that I spent on the upgrade, and I want to return this software to BestBuy, unless you can fix this ASAP!

HELP!

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,968 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:34 AM

Open Device manager with the Roxio USB Capture Device plugged in.

What does your show?

Attached File  v2d3.jpg   93.38KB   0 downloads

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:43 AM

You said    " and I want to return this software to BestBuy, unless you can fix this ASAP!"    We are users so we cannot fix your software!

Some questions to answer before we go further:

1) Did you plug in the USB device BEFORE you installed the program.  If so, there is a good chance that that is your probelem.

2) What vcr devices are you trying to capture from?

3)  Are you using the outputs on the front or back of the VCRs?

4) What happens if you start the video playback on the VCR and then press pause?  Does the program see the input?

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#4 psl

psl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:58 AM

1) Did you plug in the USB device BEFORE you installed the program.  If so, there is a good chance that that is your probelem. I don't think so, but I will unplug, uninstall and reinstall.

2) What vcr devices are you trying to capture from? Samsung and I tried a Sylvania.

3)  Are you using the outputs on the front or back of the VCRs? Front

4) What happens if you start the video playback on the VCR and then press pause?  Does the program see the input? No, I have tried playing then pressing pause. The video does not show on the screen at all. I cannot press the record button as it is not "visible" to press record.

Thank you for such a quick response!! I appreciate you taking the time to try to help me!!

Attached Files

#5 psl

psl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:03 AM

You are a genius!!! I plugged cables into back of VCR and voila!!! it is working!!!

Thank you so much! I never would of thought of that!!!

#6 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:07 AM

So we "fixed" the program?   :P

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

#7 psl

psl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:15 AM

Yes you fixed the "program" urrr the "operator"! lol I am not techie!!!

:D

#8 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:36 AM

We call those problems  Picnic  - problem in chair not in computer !   Since there is an acronym for it  that means there are a lot of them !   :o  :P

A few things to remember  a blank ion the tape will cause the program to think that the tape is finished and stop the capture.  Always capture to your computer and not directly to a disc.  Edit and burn from the captured video so that you don;t waste discs.  Buy good quality discs - no Memorex, no store brands.  Buy one or two rewritable discs to use when you are learning and practicing.  They should not be used for long term keepsakes. 

Come back anytime you have a question.

Laptop - Windows 10

#9 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,799 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:59 PM

Also, the connectors on the front of the VCR are actually "inputs" not outputs.  A set of connectors to feed in a signal from another video device (camera, VCR, etc.) so no signal comes out of them. 

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

Instructions for posting images in your post.
Contact Roxio/Corel Support to reset your Key after too many install attempts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users