WallyB

Burned Data Disk Instead Of Dvd

Question

Hello Community,

I had made a HUGE mistake by not using Roxio to burn DVD when I upgraded to Windows 10. The disks I burned turned out to be Data Disks and not DVDs. All files seem to be in tact on the DVD (files, data structure, names, size, etc...)

is there a way I can turn these data disks into DVD so I can play them on my DVD player

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wally

10 answers to this question

My DVD authors files into a DVD Video disc that plays in settop DVD players.

If you're asking if there's a way to take your existing Data DVD discs, and convert that existing disc to a video DVD disc, the answer would be no. Though I would also ask, what are the file types and folder structure on the discs you have?

As CD said above, you need to use the "My DVD" application in Creator to master your DVD Video disc.

Hey d_deweywright,

the files are all DVD movie files. there is a Video directory and in that directory there are .BUP, .IFO and .VOB files so it looks just like a movie DVD however I used Windows 10 burning software instead of Roxio which made it a data DVD instead of a movie DVD. In the long run I could dig all my master copies out again and start over but really didn't want to since I have the data DVD. thought I could put it on the computer and convert it from Data to Movie using Roxio but just could not find a way

Video directory and in that directory there are .BUP, .IFO and .VOB files

Load them into My DVD and let My DVD author them into a DVD Video disc!

Win 10 and NXT 3... not going to work :unsure:

You can move UP (??) to NXT 4 and do it with Burn Data Disc.

Or you can move really up by finding an old copy of Creator 2012 :lol: It will load and run on Win 10 and has far more features than NXT 4.

Win 10 no longer has the ability to burn DVD Movies, only data discs :(

Win 10 and NXT 3... not going to work :unsure:

You can move UP (??) to NXT 4 and do it with Burn Data Disc.

Or you can move really up by finding an old copy of Creator 2012 :lol: It will load and run on Win 10 and has far more features than NXT 4.

Win 10 no longer has the ability to burn DVD Movies, only data discs :(

Hey Jim,

so I just want to be clear. if I upgrade to NXT4 I can take a data disk (with movie files on it) and create a Movie disk that will play in DVD/Blu-Ray player?

Hey d_deweywright,

the files are all DVD movie files. there is a Video directory and in that directory there are .BUP, .IFO and .VOB files so it looks just like a movie DVD however I used Windows 10 burning software instead of Roxio which made it a data DVD instead of a movie DVD. In the long run I could dig all my master copies out again and start over but really didn't want to since I have the data DVD. thought I could put it on the computer and convert it from Data to Movie using Roxio but just could not find a way

Hey d_deweywright,

Hey d_deweywright,

Did you use Roxio to create a Video_TS folder set (containing the ifo,bup and vob files)? If yes and you still have that folder then you can burn that folder set to a DVD using the free utility ImgBurn.

Likewise it can be done in NXT4 two different ways.

Using either the Burn Data Disc or the Video Copy and Convert (copy)

Both of these will maintain your Menu structure unless you don't want it.

Hey d_deweywright,

Right, you can't "convert" the existing disc, but you can use the files that are on the disc to create a new, playable disc, using one of the methods mentioned above.