fingers

Unable To Open .mp3 Or Other Audio Formats In Nxt Pro 3 Sound Editor

Question

I'm unable to open .mp3 or other audio formats in NXT Pro 3 Sound Editor. This use to work. I get the following message:

"does not exist or is not a supported audio file"

I've also tried .wav and .wma and the same thing happens?

As mentioned, this used to work.

6 answers to this question

What did yoiu do to not make it work? Did you run a registry cleaner (bad idea), did you install some new software, did you update from an earlier OS to Windows 10, etc. When did this problem happen? If very recently, can you use Windows Restore to get you back to when it worked. Did you try to reinstall it vai repair? Give us some hints.

Where did you get the audio files?

Did you ever post under a different name?

Edited by sknis

I have no idea! Nothing that I am aware of. I am running Windows 10 however, this has worked prior in Windows 10. It's been a while since I've used this Roxio feature so a restore is not going to help. The audio files are .mp3 files that I ripped from my CDs.

Roxio had that version as being compatible with Windows 10 but their latest doesn't list it.

It is not unusual for the program to work for a short time and then just stop. There have been a couple of Windows 10 updates; perhaps one of them did the deed.

Since it worked in the past (as long as all the changes they've since made to Windows 10 didn't break it) it may be worth you trying a repair install.

Run Setup.exe on your NXT 3 installer disc, (or run the installer program again if you got a download, ) and instead of Install, select Repair.

This will run the installer again, and often that will fix up things which have been broken.

Regards,

Brendon

Well now this is really odd. I just purchased, downloaded and installed NXT 4 and it also doesn't recognize any audio files! How does one get this to work??

You probably have something "broken" in your system. A system file or setting which will need to be put right before software will work properly.