Jarman1

Installation Problem - Split From Two Hijacked Topics

Question

21 answers to this question

I am having the same install problem. attached is the Log file it saved

If you are having the same problem, then do what the Original poster did. to fix it.

If you are having a different problem with similar symptoms, then start a different topic.

LogFile 16-05-26 17-37.zip I have the same problem with NXT3 but doesn't quit just rolls back and says try again later. I have the disc, I installed it's contents into a folder on my computer's hard drive, I turn the anti virus and firewall off and run setup.exe as administrator and still get the install interrupted message

I don't have a video card issue but Install interrupt message comes up after it rolls back. I installed the contents of my dvd to my computer's hard drive, turned off both anti virus and firewall, and from my hard drive folder I run setup as administrator and I still get the install interrupt message

Jarman1,

please stop posting your problem onto other peoples' different topics. You have a quite different problem, so your posts have been shifted here to your own topic.

Now please tell me Do you have some other Roxio software with video capture capability installed on your machine?

I ask this because all of your logs seem to indicate that Creator NXT 3 is installing properly until it gets to the Roxio VHS capture driver and then it is failing because it has found a newer version of the driver already installed, and it is not allowed to install a downgrade. Then the Microsoft Windows Installer [MSI} quits with a 1603 error and rolls back the installation. [see the Videocap_USB_30_x64 install log, these entries are found at the end of the log]

Property(S): ProductName = Roxio VHS Capture Driver
Property(S): ProductVersion = 1.05.0000
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_CREATEAPPPOOL = Creating application pool %s
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_CREATEAPPPOOLS = Creating application Pools...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_CREATEVROOT = Creating IIS virtual directory %s
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_CREATEVROOTS = Creating IIS virtual directories...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_CREATEWEBSERVICEEXTENSION = Creating web service extension
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_CREATEWEBSERVICEEXTENSIONS = Creating web service extensions...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_EXTRACT = Extracting information for IIS virtual directories...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_EXTRACTDONE = Extracted information for IIS virtual directories...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_EXTRACTDONEz = Extracted information for IIS virtual directories...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_EXTRACTzDONE = Extracted information for IIS virtual directories...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_REMOVEAPPPOOL = Removing application pool
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_REMOVEAPPPOOLS = Removing application pools...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_REMOVESITE = Removing web site at port %d
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_REMOVEVROOT = Removing IIS virtual directory %s
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_REMOVEVROOTS = Removing IIS virtual directories...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_REMOVEWEBSERVICEEXTENSION = Removing web service extension
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_REMOVEWEBSERVICEEXTENSIONS = Removing web service extensions...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_ROLLBACKAPPPOOLS = Rolling back application pools...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_ROLLBACKVROOTS = Rolling back virtual directory and web site changes...
Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_ROLLBACKWEBSERVICEEXTENSIONS = Rolling back web service extensions...
Property(S): ProgressType0 = install
Property(S): ProgressType1 = Installing
Property(S): ProgressType2 = installed
Property(S): ProgressType3 = installs
Property(S): RebootYesNo = Yes
Property(S): ReinstallModeText = omus
Property(S): IS_PREVENT_DOWNGRADE_EXIT = A newer version of this application is already installed on this computer. If you wish to install this version, please uninstall the newer version first. Click OK to exit the wizard.

It's definitely the install of the Roxio VHS Capture Driver where the failure is happening, and if I'm interpreting the log right I think it is because it has found a newer version of the driver. If that's so, you may have to locate and uninstall/rename/remove/kill the newer driver, and then try the install again.

Something else you may want to know - NXT 3 is limited in the number of installs you can do with your product key. If these attempts are being counted against you, you may run out of installs. If that happens you should send a Private Message (PM) to our Root Admin Rox-Ralf who has the Godly Power to re-set your product key.

Regards,

Brendon

What would be the name of the driver that I would be looking for? Also would it be part of the Video Capture USB?

I don't know the name of the driver, but if you have Roxio video capture software installed that's very likely to be what is causing the problem.

I suggest you try uninstalling the video capture software, as long as you have the installer disc or files. That should remove the driver.

Then try installing NXT 3 once more, and let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Brendon

I had Roxio Video Capture VHS to DVD but had unistalled it before trying to install NXT 3, Trying to reinstall it then uninstall it I get the same interrupt message ..

Tried using absolute uninstaller...to find Roxio reminents ... Found where FastFlick had installed but didn't show up under Windows Uninstall .. so Uninstalled it tried re-installing NXT3 with anti-virus off .. the disc contents on my hard drives and running setup.exe as administrator... still got an interrupt message...

attached is the install log

Edited by Jarman1

Tried using absolute uninstaller...to find Roxio reminents ... Found where FastFlick had installed but didn't show up under Windows Uninstall .. so Uninstalled it tried re-installing NXT3 with anti-virus off .. the disc contents on my hard drives and running setup.exe as administrator... still got an interrupt message...

attached is the install log

No it isn't ! :o

It appeared that it would almost install , I cleaned out a couple things thinking it may help ... but got the message too many installs adn I tried sending a message to reset the code, n trying to send a message said it could not receive any more messages

Try again in a few days....Rox-Ralph is the only one that can help you, sorry.

Jarman1, I've sent you a Private Message. Go to the top of this page, and you find a icon that looks like an envelope, and that should have a number in it, indicating you have a message waiting. Click on that please, and respond appropriately.

Thanks!

I have System Mechanic pro and I went to it's uninstaller.. found roxio VideoCap_USB_30_X64

tried to do an uninstall of it it kept giving me an error message

went into regedit where it is listed and it showed nothing

some how I need to get rid of the videocapture , I think

First, throw out System Mechanic Pro ! In the past, it has caused more problems than it has prevented or solved. Registries do not normally need to be protected.

Download the trial copy of REVO Uninstaller PRO. You can search for fully or partially installed/uninstalled software. One you find it, uninstall it using the MODERATE mode only. It will find the software dregs and search for registry items and folders. Delete those after looking at them..

attachicon.gifLogFile 16-06-11 22-04.zip

I already had show hidden files, folders,....

Does not show an Installer folder in windows

This post is similar to yours.

Start reading at post #39 and how the OP solved it.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/121826-roxio-2012-wont-install-in-fresh-windows-7-64/page-2?do=findComment&comment=523720

Here is the "ODD" situation. in the folder options I have show hidden files, folder, and drives checked. In the windows directory it does not show an Installer folder , so I tired to create a new folder by that name, it asked me if I wanted to replace the current folder, which does not show even with the option to show hidden folders. BTW nothing in the recycle bin to restore.

Here is the "ODD" situation. in the folder options I have show hidden files, folder, and drives checked. In the windows directory it does not show an Installer folder , so I tired to create a new folder by that name, it asked me if I wanted to replace the current folder, which does not show even with the option to show hidden folders. BTW nothing in the recycle bin to restore.

After you clicked the box show hidden files, folder, and drives checked, did you click apply?

It's needed 'Installer folder' to install Roxio software.

post-97-0-17387800-1465768882_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-54440100-1465768881_thumb.jpg