• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jaloal

jaloal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:34 AM

ToastDVD 2.2.1 produced a great dvd, using the DVD-Video setting, that plays on my Mac computer, but will not play on my Samsung DVD player which plays both regular and Blue-Ray dvds. The Samsung error message says that the dvd is not a readable format and may have been purchased in a foreign country. I used NTSC encoding in making the dvd.

I used iMovie to create the content. In ToastDVD, I chose a Menu style that allowed chapters, created the chapters, and then burned the DVD. My media is a DVD-R. I left all the default settings. When clicked on burn, I saw a message box asking if I wanted to re-encoded in PAL, but since I am in the USA, I left it as NTSC. Is there something I need to change to get this to run on a DVD player. I do not need high def - the original video shoot quality does not warrant that.

Thanks for any help!!

#2 jaloal

jaloal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:03 PM

Technical Support was very helpful with this.  

Here is their suggestion that worked for me:

Could you please try to go to the Preferences settings on Toast DVD > Video and then set it to NTSC? Once you changed it. Follow my instructions below for burning your DVD project. Burn disc in ISO Image.

1. Open Toast and click on the Video tab and choose Blu-ray. 

2. Import the video/data that you want to burn. 

3. Change the Destination into "Disc Image" 

4. Hit "Save" and set the location of the output folder. 

5. A .toast file will be created and then proceed to the next steps below. Burn Created ISO Image disc.

1. In Copy tab function, change the option on the top left corner into "Image File". 

2. Click on Select button and browse for .Toast file that you created earlier.

3. Once imported, change the Destination into the Burner drive. 

4. You can set the burner settings if you want and if you're ready, you can hit Copy to start the burning process. 

5. Wait until the burn process is completed.

The only change I made in these was to leave the setting at DVD-video instead of changing the video tab to  Blu-ray.  Other people who will be using this may not have Blu-Ray.

Bottomline - the dvd worked both on my computer and on our Samsung dvd player.  The chapter menu was a little hard to find, but they work, too!   I will test on other dvd players before I declare victory!

#3 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,607 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:57 PM

Thank you for coming back and letting people know that tech support helped you solve the problem.   It is a rare occasion when someone actually comes back and tells folks that.  Sweet!

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users