Meena Chadha

Install Problem Nxt 4 Pro - Split From Nxt 3 Topic

Question

I need help and this is my first time on any forum and I don't know where to put the information. I am a novice with computers and I think i might have broken something

I am having trouble installing my product. I purchased the CREATOR NXT 3 in September 2015. I installed it sucessfully on my computer. I purchased CREATOR NXT 4 PRO in Feb 2016. I am trying to instal it now to no success. I first uninstalled the CREATOR NXT 3 (CN3) to instal CREATOR NXT 4 PRO (CN4P). After installing CN4P, I observed the interface to be completely different that CN3. I am confused. I couldn't' find the DVD creation or burning or photo edits. All the icons were COREL. I tried re-installing CN3, I was unsuccessful. I uninstalled CN4P and tried again to reinstall CN3. I was unsuccessful again. I keep getting the error message that the computer was interrupted. I would like some help. I can not find a forum on line for help and no one at the number listed is wiling to help me. May I please get some help? Is CN4P different than Roxio CN3. Was I supposed to uninstall the previous version before I installed the new version?

​I read about limited number of installs and I do not know how to get the number resetted. I now wish I didn't get the CREATOR NXT 4 PRO as I was doing ok on CREATOR NXT 3. When I read the forums, I feel stupid bc I can't seem to understand what to do.

I can't even figure out how to post this - isn't there a post button?
Meena

31 answers to this question

If you still have your NXT 3, uninstall your NXT 4, reinstall NXT3, and see if you can get your money back for NXT 4. It is a stripped down version of what NXT 3 was.

grandpabruce

I did uninstall CN4pro and tried to reinstal CREATOR NEXT 3. It wont instal stating there was an interruption in my computer. I stopped the firewall. Disabled everything in the Startup and still it wouldn't let me install. I send a msg to Roxio tech support and no one has gotten back to me.

I need help and this is my first time on any forum and I don't know where to put the information. I am a novice with computers and I think i might have broken something

I am having trouble installing my product. I purchased the CREATOR NXT 3 in September 2015. I installed it sucessfully on my computer. I purchased CREATOR NXT 4 PRO in Feb 2016. I am trying to instal it now to no success. I first uninstalled the CREATOR NXT 3 (CN3) to instal CREATOR NXT 4 PRO (CN4P). After installing CN4P, I observed the interface to be completely different that CN3. I am confused. I couldn't' find the DVD creation or burning or photo edits. All the icons were COREL. I tried re-installing CN3, I was unsuccessful. I uninstalled CN4P and tried again to reinstall CN3. I was unsuccessful again. I keep getting the error message that the computer was interrupted. I would like some help. I can not find a forum on line for help and no one at the number listed is wiling to help me. May I please get some help? Is CN4P different than Roxio CN3. Was I supposed to uninstall the previous version before I installed the new version?

​I read about limited number of installs and I do not know how to get the number resetted. I now wish I didn't get the CREATOR NXT 4 PRO as I was doing ok on CREATOR NXT 3. When I read the forums, I feel stupid bc I can't seem to understand what to do.

Let's get on the same page...

WHICH one do you want to use - NXT 3 or NXT 4?

(keep in mind NXT 3 will not work with Windows 10)

In either case we need to see the log file for THAT product. A different product but it will work for NXT 4: HERE

NOTE!!! NXT 3 is in C:\ProgramData\Roxio Log Files and not in Roaming…

Also include your system specs - (Win-Pause will be enough for now)

We don't want a PIc as we can't search a pic ;)

However if you need that for other pics, info is HERE

You need to Zip your log file to post it here:

post-39730-0-33886100-1464639002_thumb.jpg

The right click - send to makes it easy to zip it :D

No problem with being new, we all have been there. You sitll have not supplied the System Info that I asked for Post #5???

Here are the logs - unsure if I did it right. I can try again if its wrong and the screen shot should have the specs (I am assuming whats in the screen shot are the specs) and thank you for your help and I am sorry I am not totally intelligent on how to instal CREATOR NXT 4 PRO (CN4P). CN3 worked just fine on the WIN 10 but even that wont instal and I reinstalled it several times. Vased on what I have read, there is a maximum install attempts. So far COREL is telling me to load install the program as a new user administrator. But it is also not working Installation Log Files.zippost-130082-0-98772100-1464643534_thumb.png

My CREATOR NXT 3 (CN3) worked well in WIN 10. But when I tried to install Creator NXT 4 Pro (CN4P) it didn't install (after uninstalling CN3). I tried to reinstall CN4P and it would not reinstall. The anti virus was turned off and I still could not install either one. They will not take a refund as my 3 is almost a year old and I was happy with it. I wanted 4 PRO because (what appeared to be) more options and I needed the PAINT SHOP component. I'm an artist and I just started using electronic media within my art and making my own DVDs for applications. But now I am stuck -

I am being advised to create a new user that has administrative privis and install the program. I did that to no avail. I was then told to uninstall and use SAFE MODE to re-install the program under the new user. I am hesitant about this option namely due to the fact that the old user (me) had all the photos and music and art work and the new user can't access any of those files :(post-130082-0-30357600-1464661274_thumb.pngpost-130082-0-35384700-1464661280_thumb.pngpost-130082-0-74011500-1464661428_thumb.png

Thanks for the info!

First of all, NXT 3 does not run in Win 10. The 'parts' you were using may have worked or might have failed over time (we have seen this before). The install of NXT 3 may be what is helping to prevent NXT 4 from installing. (speculation)

You tried the Revo and it did not work. Guessing enough of the NXT 3 was removed to satisfy it but the NXT 4 installer is complaining about parts of it.

Let's try the New Account method. - you will not lose anything on your PC by doing this.

Make sure the new account has Administrator privileges. Reboot and log on to this new account. Attempt to install NXT 4.

If it works, you can delete this account keeping the programs installed under it.

If not... It would be nice if you have a Restore Point from a time before you started the NXT 4 install... Otherwise you may have to install NXT 3 under this account just so that you can use Revo to uninstall it. (this is a last resort)

Meena Chadha, I would use revouninstaller in MODERATE mode unless your a PC enthusiast and really know how to fix your PC by using the advanced mode in revoouninstaller?

post-97-0-15808600-1464701620_thumb.jpg

confused - sorry i wasn't keeping up as had 2 finals pep and complete and without the Roxio, I needed to work on someone else's computer.

Thank you for the feedback - and I will keep everyone posted if it worked or didn't.

Roxio tech support advised I uninstal all Roxio and reinstall under new user- sadly it doesn't work.

How would I uninstall the Roxio video capture ? I used the REVO uninstaller. Where would I find the Roxio video capture ?

Here was my last install attempt

LogFile 16-05-31 00-12.zip

All of your help has been wonderful. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you again.

Meena

confused - sorry i wasn't keeping up as had 2 finals pep and complete and without the Roxio, I needed to work on someone else's computer.

Thank you for the feedback - and I will keep everyone posted if it worked or didn't.

Roxio tech support advised I uninstal all Roxio and reinstall under new user- sadly it doesn't work.

How would I uninstall the Roxio video capture ? I used the REVO uninstaller. Where would I find the Roxio video capture ?

Here was my last install attempt

attachicon.gifLogFile 16-05-31 00-12.zip

All of your help has been wonderful. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you again.

Meena

Meena,

Your recent logs extracted from that zip file in post #15 are all attempts at installing NXT 3, not NXT4, and are onto a variety of Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 8 and in a server environment.

post-208-0-73641900-1464997778_thumb.jpg

I thought you were trying to install NXT 4 under Windows 10 ??

What exactly are you doing, please? What software, onto what hardware, under which Operating System ??

LogFile 16-06-04 18-06.zipI am instaling NTX 4 Pro on to Win 10. I used a link that the Roxio tech support (or really COREL) that provided. Enclosed is my recent attempt at installation after doing everything the tech support suggested which I pasted here (maybe it can help someone else):

FROM COREL

Please try to do the steps below.

Please uninstall Creator NXT 4, and any other Roxio software that is currently on your computer. After uninstalling, reboot your computer, and then configure Windows to show hidden files and folders.

Once you have hidden files and folders showing, please proceed with these steps:

1. Go to " C:\Users\*your username*\AppData\Local\";
2. Locate any or all of these folders:

- "Rovi_Corporation”;
- “Corel_Corporation”;
- “Roxio”;
- “Roxio Log Files”;
- “Sonic”;
- “Simple Star”;

3. Rename these folders by adding a “.old” at the end of their names. For instance, "Rovi_Corporation" to "Rovi_Corporation.old";
4. Go to "C:\Users\*_yourusername_*\AppData\Roaming\" and check to see if you find the same folders above, and rename them the same way;
5. Go to “C:\Program Files\Common Files” or “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files” and look for the following folders; rename them the same way:

- PX Storage Engine;
- Roxio Shared;
- Sonic Shared.

6. Go to "C:\Program Data\" and delete the following folders:

- Roxio
- Sonic
- FLEXnet

7. Reboot your computer and reinstall Creator NXT 4.

----------------------

I get the same message that something interrupts the process. I am sobbing bc its now been a week to no progression

This is what I read on part of the log - I can't make sense of the code/ language. I don't know how to fix this. My computer was a Windows 8 but I received an email (from DELL) offering me a free update. Which I took

Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_ROLLBACKVROOTS = Rolling back virtual directory and web site changes...

Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_ROLLBACKWEBSERVICEEXTENSIONS = Rolling back web service extensions...

Property(S): ProgressType0 = install

Property(S): ProgressType1 = Installing

Property(S): ProgressType2 = installed

Property(S): ProgressType3 = installs

Property(S): RebootYesNo = Yes

Property(S): ReinstallModeText = omus

Property(S): IS_PREVENT_DOWNGRADE_EXIT = A newer version of this application is already installed on this computer. If you wish to install this version, please uninstall the newer version first. Click OK to exit the wizard.

Property(S): SecureCustomProperties = ISFOUNDNEWERPRODUCTVERSION;USERNAME;COMPANYNAME;ISX_SERIALNUM;SUPPORTDIR;INSTALLDIR

Property(S): ALLUSERS = 1

Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_REMOVEWEBSITES = Removing IIS websites...

Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_CREATEWEBSITE = Creating IIS website %s

Property(S): PROGMSG_IIS_CREATEWEBSITES = Creating IIS websites...

Property(S): IS_PROGMSG_TEXTFILECHANGS_REPLACE = Replacing %s with %s in %s...

Property(S): DWUSLINK = CE9C50E8D94BB70869ACC0C8F9AB978FAE9B878FCECCC7DFCEBCC0E89E3C80DFB9ABC038FEAC

Property(S): ARPNOMODIFY = 1

Property(S): ARPURLINFOABOUT = http://www.Corel.com

Property(S): SHOWLAUNCHPROGRAM = 0

Property(S): ARPNOREPAIR = 1

Property(S): SETUPEXENAME = setup.exe

Property(S): MsiLogFileLocation = C:\ProgramData\Roxio Log Files\Roxio Creator NXT Pro 4\16-06-04 21-42\VIDEOCAP_USB_30_X64_Install.log

Property(S): ARPINSTALLLOCATION = C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio Creator NXT Pro 4\

Property(S): MsiRollbackInstall = 2.1.12{8CE10000-8D71-4E10-81C5-2CBC5F324647}312Roxio VHS Capture DriverCorel

Property(S): MsiInstallDrivers = 2.1.12{8CE10000-8D71-4E10-81C5-2CBC5F324647}C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio Creator NXT Pro 4\EMBDA64A\312Roxio VHS Capture DriverCorel

Property(S): REBOOT = ReallySuppress

Property(S): PackagecodeChanging = 1

Property(S): ProductState = -1

Property(S): PackageCode = {1D866135-6282-44F8-BACB-840A4E8C2AC9}

Property(S): USERNAME = meena.devi@sympatico.ca

MSI (s) (E8:70) [21:44:35:374]: Note: 1: 1708

MSI (s) (E8:70) [21:44:35:374]: Product: Roxio VHS Capture Driver -- Installation operation failed.

MSI (s) (E8:70) [21:44:35:390]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Roxio VHS Capture Driver. Product Version: 1.05.0000. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Corel. Installation success or error status: 1603.

MSI (s) (E8:70) [21:44:35:406]: Deferring clean up of packages/files, if any exist

MSI (s) (E8:70) [21:44:35:406]: MainEngineThread is returning 1603

MSI (s) (E8:38) [21:44:35:406]: RESTART MANAGER: Session closed.

MSI (s) (E8:38) [21:44:35:406]: No System Restore sequence number for this installation.

=== Logging stopped: 2016-06-04 21:44:35 ===

MSI (s) (E8:38) [21:44:35:406]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0

MSI (s) (E8:38) [21:44:35:406]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0

MSI (s) (E8:38) [21:44:35:406]: Incrementing counter to disable shutdown. Counter after increment: 0

MSI (s) (E8:38) [21:44:35:406]: Note: 1: 1402 2: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Rollback\Scripts 3: 2

MSI (s) (E8:38) [21:44:35:406]: Note: 1: 1402 2: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Rollback\Scripts 3: 2

MSI (s) (E8:38) [21:44:35:406]: Decrementing counter to disable shutdown. If counter >= 0, shutdown will be denied. Counter after decrement: -1

MSI (s) (E8:38) [21:44:35:406]: Destroying RemoteAPI object.

MSI (s) (E8:5C) [21:44:35:406]: Custom Action Manager thread ending.

MSI © (10:98) [21:44:35:406]: Decrementing counter to disable shutdown. If counter >= 0, shutdown will be denied. Counter after decrement: -1

MSI © (10:98) [21:44:35:406]: MainEngineThread is returning 1603

=== Verbose logging stopped: 2016-06-04 21:44:35 ===

I can't find any restore points any more in which my computer was operating ROXI effectively. Since I tried to install CREATOR NEXT 4 PRO i have only recieved the error that the program was interrupted. I shut down firewall and av and i disabled it from start up. I tried everything I could including a new user. I feel like a fool.

cdanteek

I do not know what you mean is the red underline true? How would I know if its not true?

Meena

He didn't say it, (and I don't know why he didn't) but if you are trying to install it on a server, it isn't going to work. Do you understand that? No Roxio software, in the past, would work on a server environment.

Thank you for the feedback. But this computer is my desk top in my home. its not attached to a server - but what is a server and how will it be attached to a server. When I think of servers, I think of a room with a bunch of computers. if my computer is reading as a server, how do i stop it?

Meena

Unless your PC is specifically running Sever Software ($1200+) and Microsoft has not released a Win 10 Server version to date, the message is wrong.

You are getting too may log files is there to keep track of. Create a New Folder on your desktop (right click anywhere slide down to New and pick Folder). Then Copy all those log files to that new folder. After checking to make sure they are there, delete the ones in the source folder.

Then create the new user with admin privilege as both support and we here have urged you to do. Reboot and log into that account and install NXT 4.

IF that fails, click at the bottom for the log file from that attempt and post it here -_-

Posted Yesterday, 05:02 PM

zip.gif LogFile 16-06-04 18-06.zip 34.64KB 2 downloads I am instaling NTX 4 Pro on to Win 10.

Post # 15 last log file. installing NXT3 on windows 8.

post-97-0-41885600-1465128631_thumb.jpg

Post #18 log files, installing NXT4 on windows 8.

post-97-0-95766400-1465128738_thumb.jpg

Post # 19 log files, installing NXT4 on windows 8.

post-97-0-40938000-1465128792_thumb.jpg