Sign in to follow this  
derryton

Nxt 4 Pro Locks Up Launching Music Disc Creator

Question

After editing audio in Sound Editor, when I try to open Music Disc Creator, the program locks up every time. After reboot, it works. Even though this works almost every time, it it very worrisome, because I have to close other important programs and start Sound Editor again. It also happens if no other programs are open. I spend hours editing a project, and then I can't complete it. Very frustrating. I have uninstalled and re-installed and updated the software. Anyone else have this issue?

4 answers to this question

After editing audio in Sound Editor, when I try to open Music Disc Creator, the program locks up every time. After reboot, it works. Even though this works almost every time, it it very worrisome, because I have to close other important programs and start Sound Editor again. It also happens if no other programs are open. I spend hours editing a project, and then I can't complete it. Very frustrating. I have uninstalled and re-installed and updated the software. Anyone else have this issue?

Hi derryton, Welcome to these forums.

I have to say that I don;t have that issue. I opened Sound Editor, added a few pieces of music and then clicked on Add to Music Disc Creator from the dialog to the left of Sound Editor. Sound Editor closed and I thought that the program had crashed and I got the Home Splash screen.. In a couple of seconds Music Disc Creator opened with the sound files there.

I did not do any editing but I would think that the program would have to do the edits before opening Music Disc. Did you wait long enough?.

How much editing are you doing? Where did you get the sound files? What format are they?

Did everything as it is supposed to be done. Extensive editing on the CD from our Sunday service to send to radio station. I capture the service using Sound Editor. I have been doing this for years. Never had an issue until Win 10. Was told I needed to upgrade to NXT 4 Pro. Didn't help. After editing & saving, you have to go to Music Disc Creator to save as .wav file. When I click on MDC, the program stops responding. I have waited a loooooong time early in the issue, and it never responds. When I reboot and re-open the file, it works as it should. I have not been impressed with the help I have gotten from Roxio Support.

When was the last time you did maintenance on your computer/ Please psot the dxdiag.exe file for your computer so we can see what you have and what is going on.

Why did you upgrade to W 10 if everything was working and this was a major use of the program?

Why didn't you go with something like Record Now ?

Your attitude doesn't seem to be very churchlike.

Good grief Guru! I can't get any help from Roxio, so I have a bad attitude? FYI, I was using Creator 12 when I decided to upgrade to Win 10. Roxio advised me to upgrade to NXT 4, and everything would be fine.