Sign in to follow this  
Jerry in Utah

My .dmss Slideshow Assistant Files Have Become Disassociated With Their Roxio Executable

Question

Somehow my saved Roxio Nxt 3 (and earlier) .dmss Slideshow Assistant files have become disassociated with the Roxio module that opens them. So I can no longer open them in Windows Explorer by double clicking on the file itself. Does anyone know what Roxio .exe I should open them with from Windows Explorer? I would like to re-associate .dmss files with the correct Roxio module. In task manager it shows "Roxio Slideshow Assistant" running beneath the "RoxWizardLauncher Module (32 bit)", but there is no Roxio Slideshow Assistant exe in the Roxio Program Library. I tried opening it with the Roxio Wizard Launcher, but it didn't do anything.

post-130118-0-59234900-1464934342_thumb.jpg

1 answer to this question

Hello,

The Roxio Slideshow Assistant is really the RoxioWizardLauncher Module, actual filename RoxWizardLauncher15.exe in NXT3 and NXT4

If you right-click on a .DMSS file and select Properties, you'll see a box like this.

post-208-0-78935700-1464943084_thumb.jpg

In the General Tab you'll see the "Opens With" line, and alongside that a 'Change' button. In your case, since the file association is broken you won't see the RoxWizardLauncher listed against "Opens With", so hit Change and go find the RoxWizardLauncher Module in the "Opens With" box which shows itself.

post-208-0-11543900-1464943438_thumb.jpg

Select that module in this box, and check the "Always use the selected program . . . " box down near the Browse button.

Click OK, and you should have the file association rebuilt, so that .DMSS files always open with RoxWizardLauncher15.exe.

Tell me how it goes.

Regards,

Brendon