Steve76063

Videowave Doesn't 'stabilize Video'

Question

So, I can press the Stabilize Video button under the Fix menu on the left, and I get a Stabilize Video effect in my Fx 1 ribbon. However, if I double click the item in the ribbon (as the help screens instruct), instead of a settings panel, I just get a message "There are no settings available for this object".

Looking through the forum, I find this same issue was in NXT Pro 2 back in 2014 -- any idea why this doesn't work (or better yet, how to get it working)?

7 answers to this question

It was removed back then and most likely will not return...

It doesn't really work like you think. It enlarged the frames to a degree past the normal size. You picked the size up to 130% so that it had enough outside the frame to hold the image 'still'. 2 things wrong here. If your shake exceeded 130% it couldn't do a lot. Then at 130% you can see the pixels even at 1920 X 1080 :huh:

2 better solutions - brace or use a tripod. Trade in your camcorder on one that has better image stabilizers!

I use both :D

Since the Roxio product doesn't have a strong enough stabilizer, then it OK for me to make another suggestion. Look at ProDrenlyn for a stand alone action camera lens correction, stabilizer, video improvement if stabilization is very important for you. If you take action camera videos, it is very good.

As you know, it is against Roxio Forum rules to suggest a competitive program if the Roxio program has the same capabilities.

Edited by sknis

Thanks Steve!

Of course no matter what it is, the same shortcomings will exist. Steve, just hope you don't have too much jiggle to get rid of ^_^

Thanks Steve!

Of course no matter what it is, the same shortcomings will exist. Steve, just hope you don't have too much jiggle to get rid of ^_^

Videos -----No ------ body, yes ! :P

It works well with my ION camcorder and my video sunglasses and .... I'm a gadget guy so I have a lot of different camcorder type devices.

• Like 1

I know with my Canon, I can walk with it and get smooth recordings whereas the little Sony I had couldn't handle heartbeat :huh: (it was a low end model)

It's interesting (disappointing) that Roxio is still advertising NXT Pro 4 to have video stabilization... (This is from their website today):

Stabilize and rotate video

Easily fix shaky video shot with hand-held cameras or smartphones. Rotate video with one click.

It's interesting (disappointing) that Roxio is still advertising NXT Pro 4 to have video stabilization... (This is from their website today):

Stabilize and rotate video

Easily fix shaky video shot with hand-held cameras or smartphones. Rotate video with one click.

That is because they have stripped down their software, yet kept the same advertising. IMHO, what they do is dead wrong. I would demand my money back, but the forums aren't the place to do it. You need to contact them directly.