out of harms way

How Do I Get Email Notifications Of Replies To Posts?

Question

Hi, I hope this is the right place to post a query on the forum itself. This is a problem I've had from year dot, but have just decided to ask about it. I have set all notifications in my profile settings to "email" but I have never had any notifications of replies to posts. I have to keep remembering to log in regularly. I'm obviously doing something wrong, or more likely not doing something!!

22 answers to this question

Thanks for reply. I had everything ticked as you had except the first box (mailing list).

I'm not expecting any replies at the moment so if you could kindly send a short reply I can see if it's worked.

Many thanks

I'm not expecting any replies at the moment so if you could kindly send a short reply I can see if it's worked.

How's this?

If you're still not receiving e-mail notifications, check your spam folder, to see if your ISP or e-mail client is binning them. And also go into your settings here and verify there are no typos in the e-mail address you have set.

How's this?

If you're still not receiving e-mail notifications, check your spam folder, to see if your ISP or e-mail client is binning them. And also go into your settings here and verify there are no typos in the e-mail address you have set.

I just clicked my email notifications back on.

Someone please reply to this and I will see what I get?

I just clicked my email notifications back on.

Someone please reply to this and I will see what I get?

To take a cue from Brendon, How's this?

To take a cue from Brendon, How's this?

22 minutes and nothing? :unsure:

I got 5 e-mails today on this thread.

I clicked another box. :rolleyes:

Lets try it again please?

Nothing yet!

How's this then, CD?

I got an email about your post #6, but only the one email saying you quoted me.

Nothing yet!

Edited by cdanteek

My settings are in #2.

Tony

I think it's a board thing!

I unchecked my email notifications when the board was hit with spammers, now it will probably take a Administrator or IP Board person to fix it.

I think it's a board thing!

I unchecked my email notifications when the board was hit with spammers, now it will probably take a Administrator or IP Board person to fix it.

It seems to be the way with I.P. Board - it's either a feast or a famine. :(

Checked spam folder - nothing - just one from Apple!!! I have also checked my registered email address and found it correct. I tried to "change" my email address but kept being told my password was incorrect, which I know is not. Any ideas as to where I go from here?? I suppose I could close my account and start from scratch. Do you think that would help?? Would I lose access to current posts?

I'm guessing that (creating a new account) won't help at this point. As you probably read, cdanteek changed his settings to try to turn notifications back on, and hasn't had success. So, there seems to be an issue with the boards themselves.

Checked spam folder - nothing - just one from Apple!!! I have also checked my registered email address and found it correct. I tried to "change" my email address but kept being told my password was incorrect, which I know is not. Any ideas as to where I go from here?? I suppose I could close my account and start from scratch. Do you think that would help?? Would I lose access to current posts?

This worked when I wrote it in 2013, http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/87205-change-password-email/

You'll have to try it and let us know if it works today?

I tried your suggestion but I could not work out what "Password Question" meant. If this is supposed to be an answer to a security question I previously set I cannot recall what it was. I can't find any reference to it in my profile or settings. I did notice that after "Password Question" there was a "[n/a]", but just clicking on "next" didn't work.