Jonas Jones

I Can See And Hear The Video In The Window But...

Question

Everything looks like it is recording including the timer counting. When I went back later to play the DVD the computer told me the disc was empty. Using Roxio Easy VHS to DVD3 on an HP laptop running windows 8. Transfering Hi 8's from a Sony Handi Cam.

4 answers to this question

Since you have not explained exactly what you are doing, it is hard to offer much help. Please give some details on your procedure

Did you first capture the video from the camcorder to your hard drive ( the recommended method) or did your try to capture directly to DVD? How long in time are your trying to capture/burn?

I am not putting it on the hard drive first. I thought the whole idea was to put it directly onto disc. Is that incorrect? I checked my Windows Media player wasn't set to interfere.

Putting it onto the hard drive first is a very good idea.

If you are trying to capture, process, and simultaneously to burn your video to disc, one small blip will spoil your burn.

Then, because the burn isn't completed, the Table of Contents isn't written and the disc will appear to be empty. Sound familiar?

• Like 1