jcsolina

Creator 2010 Se Missing Parts After Win10 Upgrade

Question

I have just upgraded my windows to Windows 10 and it works ok. Then I started Roxio 2010 Special Edition and click on the Music/Audio link, I do not see the "Record From Sound Card" option. (I think that is what it was called).

Instead all I see is a link to: IMPORT / Rip and in the next column is a link to: CREATE / BurnAudio CDs, Burn MP3 CDs, Copy Disc, Create Labels, and Create Labels - Advanced.

I tracked down my version and it has SP2 installed and I tried to install that again and it instantly said that my system is up-to-date.

Then I went to the subdirectory where I have Roxio installed and searched and searched and finally found ANALOGREC12.EXE.

When I run it, it is just as I expected. The Roxio Easy Capture appears and I can enter my options and click on Record and it seems to do everything it used to do except for one thing: ----- There is no output file created, and yes, I have searched my WHOLE hard drive to try and find it.

I really like to use that feature of Roxio, so can you please suggest to me what I can do to fix it? Thanks.

Jack

4 answers to this question

Only Creator NXT 4 is compatible with Windows 10.

BY the way SE (Special Edition) is a OEM piece of software that came "free" with your computer or other hardware. It cannot be fixed.

Edited by sknis

Not sure Roxio Creator SE can be considered an OEM piece of software. Roxio Creator SE was offered for sale at computer software stores. I can confirm that it was because that's how I obtained my copy. The SE, or Special Edition was not a reference to it being an OEM piece of software, rather it referred to the USB analog audio/video conversion device that was included in the software package.

Not sure Roxio Creator SE can be considered an OEM piece of software. Roxio Creator SE was offered for sale at computer software stores. I can confirm that it was because that's how I obtained my copy. The SE, or Special Edition was not a reference to it being an OEM piece of software, rather it referred to the USB analog audio/video conversion device that was included in the software package.

Yes, that version was not sold by Roxio. I think that is was sold from stores such as Costco. I would guess that if someone has a problem with it, they need to go back to whoever sold it to them. And we all know that they, the store, will tell them to go ask Roxio, which these forums are not.

Correct, I don't remember who all sold it but I remember several Amazon sellers did and still have copies for sale.