• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jcsolina

jcsolina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:28 AM

I have just upgraded my windows to Windows 10 and it works ok. Then I started Roxio 2010 Special Edition and click on the Music/Audio link, I do not see the "Record From Sound Card" option. (I think that is what it was called).

Instead all I see is a link to: IMPORT / Rip  and in the next column is a link to: CREATE / BurnAudio CDs, Burn MP3 CDs, Copy Disc, Create Labels, and Create Labels - Advanced.

I tracked down my version and it has SP2 installed and I tried to install that again and it instantly said that my system is up-to-date.

Then I went to the subdirectory where I have Roxio installed and searched and searched and finally found ANALOGREC12.EXE.

When I run it, it is just as I expected. The Roxio Easy Capture appears and I can enter my options and click on Record and it seems to do everything it used to do except for one thing:  -----   There is no output file created, and yes, I have searched my WHOLE hard drive to try and find it.

I really like to use that feature of Roxio, so can you please suggest to me what I can do to fix it?  Thanks.

Jack

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,248 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:42 AM

Only Creator NXT 4 is compatible with Windows 10.

BY the way SE (Special Edition) is a OEM piece of software that came "free" with your computer or other hardware.  It cannot be fixed.

Edited by sknis, 04 July 2016 - 07:01 AM.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#3 outerbank

outerbank

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:50 AM

Not sure Roxio Creator SE can be considered an OEM piece of software.  Roxio Creator SE was offered for sale at computer software stores.  I can confirm that it was because that's how I obtained my copy.  The SE, or Special Edition was not a reference to it being an OEM piece of software, rather it referred to the USB analog audio/video conversion device that was included in the software package.   

System Specs:<p>
Dual Boot Win 7 Pro & Win XP Pro SP3
Intel Core i5-760, 2.8GHz CPU
8GB RAM
1TB Serial ATA HD
1TB Western Digital HD
Nvidia GT 650 Video Card
HP Pro Book: Intel i5, 2.60 GHz Win 7 Pro, 4GB Ram

#4 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,479 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:47 PM

Not sure Roxio Creator SE can be considered an OEM piece of software.  Roxio Creator SE was offered for sale at computer software stores.  I can confirm that it was because that's how I obtained my copy.  The SE, or Special Edition was not a reference to it being an OEM piece of software, rather it referred to the USB analog audio/video conversion device that was included in the software package.   

Yes, that version was not sold by Roxio.  I think that is was sold from stores such as Costco.  I would guess that if someone has a problem with it, they need to go back to whoever sold it to them.  And we all know that they, the store, will tell them to go ask Roxio, which these forums are not.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,631 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:52 AM

Correct, I don't remember who all sold it but I remember several Amazon sellers did and still have copies for sale.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users