utellem

Mts Input

Question

I upgraded from NXT Pro 2 to NXT Pro 4 but cannot no longer import .mts video format to Video Editor. I checked with Tech Support and they emailed me that it is no longer supported. Can anyone verify this? It seems odd that a format that was supported would be dropped and I have spoken with techs before who did not give the correct information.

9 answers to this question

I upgraded from NXT Pro 2 to NXT Pro 4 but cannot no longer import .mts video format to Video Editor. I checked with Tech Support and they emailed me that it is no longer supported. Can anyone verify this? It seems odd that a format that was supported would be dropped and I have spoken with techs before who did not give the correct information.

According to the sales spec:

Input Formats:
  • Video: AVI, DV, HDV, DV-AVI, MPEG-1/2/4, MPEG2-HD, DVD-Video, DVR-MS, ASF, MOV, WMV, 3GP, MPE2 Transport Stream, AVC(H.264), AVCHD, 3D over/under full and half-height, side-by-side full and half-width, 3D MPO

Looks like it is supported and Tech Support didn't understand mpeg2 Transport Stream

Sometimes companies will drop a format if the royalty rights become too expensive.

You didn't ask but use a video converter on the mts files and use those in Video Wave. I like the free version of "Any Video Converter"

Thank you for your quick response. Follow up - I found that information so I did a complete removal and reinstall. Once I did that, Roxio allowed me to input the MTS format, but when I did, the Windows Installer window opened wanting to find a CPDP.msi file. I found that file and directed the browser to it but it would not accept it, saying something about locating a CiniPlayer Decoder file by the same name. I could not find one so I clicked on the CPDP.msi and it installed. Now, I don't get the message but I don't have any audio playing on the imported video either. I have rebooted several times and I am not sure what is going on. I believe the CPDP file must have something to do with the audio but I do not know what the program wants me to do.

Which video editor were you using?

The Simple video editor, Corel FastFlick, lists these inputs only

post-208-0-22469900-1467923577_thumb.jpg

while the Advanced video editor, Roxio VideoWave, lists these (including .mts)

post-208-0-83056300-1467923711_thumb.jpg

CPDP is the Cineplayer Decoder Pack, and the MS Installer popping up during other operations shows a broken installation.

If you can get your software properly installed, VideoWave should accept .mts input.

Again thank you for responding. It looks like I will remove it again. This is third removal but with each installation, things are closer to working. Maybe the third time is the charm!

Digital Guru, Thank you. I had already set about to uninstall Roxio the old-fashioned way but the next time--and it looks like there will be a next time--I will use the program you recommend. To be sure that I deleted all references to Roxio, after using Windows uninstall, I used CCCleaner to correct and remove any registry errors, then I used RegEdit to search for and remove every folder that contained a "Roxio" reference, then I used Advanced Uninstall Pro to clean and optimize the registry, then I used Registar Register Manager to search for any remaining references to "Roxio" and deleted them until there were none, then I used CCCleaner again. I rebooted several times during this process to be sure that I got all traces of Roxio off the computer before reinstalling. Once installed, I imported a MTS file with no problems and no messages but it still does not have sound. I have verified that the file has sound. I can also import an avi file or song into the same file and it has sound--just not the MTS file. Any suggestions?

If you run a registry cleaner to optimize the registry once Roxio Software is installed they usually break the Roxio installation!

Attach a short clip here so we can download it and poke it with a stick.

How to attach to your post, http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/74120-posting-a-picturescreen-cap-on-roxio/

Folks, thank you for your help. Roxio never would accept the MTS file I was working on and it dawned on me to try another one, which it did accept, so I am assuming that file is just corrupt somehow. At least I know Roxio still takes MTS files. Again, thank you.

so I am assuming that file is just corrupt somehow.

I hoped you would of posted a clip to poke at!