Question

When I first installed VHS to DVD3, it recognized my external DVD burner, but didn't like my DVDs. Said I needed to use a blank DVD, I was! Now it won't even recognize my DVD burner. I'm using a HP Envy with Windows 10 and a LG external DVD burner. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer to this question

When I first installed VHS to DVD3, it recognized my external DVD burner, but didn't like my DVDs. Said I needed to use a blank DVD, I was! Now it won't even recognize my DVD burner. I'm using a HP Envy with Windows 10 and a LG external DVD burner. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you haven't done so already, please update VHS to DVD 3 from here (link)

Have you looked for firmware for that LG external burner for WINDOWS 10? If you post the model number, we can help you look.

A couple of things: Best practices is to burn the video to your computer, edit as desired and then burn to a GOOD quality disc (Not Memorex or a store brand). Is HP Envy that a laptop?

You may want to uninstall that burner from Windows using , reboot and the install it again to see if it will be recognized.

• Like 1