wjhanson

Unable To Burn Cd - Creator 2011 Under Windows 10

Question

Have Roxio Creator 11. Have made many CDs in past. Just upgraded to Windows 10 on HP desktop. Now when trying to burn new CD, get msg that drive is in use by another application. Nothing else is open. Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Creator 2011 is not compatible with Windows 10. Did you update the firmware/software for the burner? It may need that to work properly. Did you reboot lately?

yes I checked and the DVD burner drivers are up to date. I uninstalled and reinstalled also. I was able to export video file and make a DVD using another program but not Roxio program.

Could you please explain what you are trying to do and exactly what you are doing.

In your first post you said you were trying to burn a CD and now you are talking about burning a DVD.

You did read that C2011 is not compatible with W10.

WJHanson,

You might like to look at post #9 in this topic.

While it is talking about a different Operating System, and different Roxio suite [He has Creator 10 DE, while you have Creator 2011] this is about the only topic I've read where a user has been able to provoke that error message at will and cure it simply.

Set Windows to view hidden and system files, and look for the type of zero-byte file he describes. It's worth a shot and won't take long.

It won't solve the other compatibility problems between Creator 2011 and Windows 10, though.

Regards,

Brendon

Sorry, it is a DVD I am trying to make using desktop version of Roxio Photoshow..Ver 6.1.0, build 2. I have Windows 10. I don't get an error message it just doesn't do anything. I was able to capture one photoshow and make a DVD with another program but now that doesn't work. Corel help has tried everything but nothing works. So do you think they will fix the program to work with 10. It worked fine with Win 7.

Sorry, it is a DVD I am trying to make using desktop version of Roxio Photoshow..Ver 6.1.0, build 2. I have Windows 10. I don't get an error message it just doesn't do anything. I was able to capture one photoshow and make a DVD with another program but now that doesn't work. Corel help has tried everything but nothing works. So do you think they will fix the program to work with 10. It worked fine with Win 7.

Unable To Burn Cd - Creator 2011 Under Windows 10

So this was a fairy tale?