Kenfly

Toast 15 Has Problems With Yosemite

Question

I just bought and installed Toast 15 and it launches with a message about reopening. After I reopen and try to perform a burn the program quits unexpectedly. .When I attempt to open for a task it crashes and the box saying Toast Titanium quit unexpectedly. I can then reopen and another message comes up saying "The last time...it unexpectedly quit. Do you want to try to open its windows again?". Once I click reopen the program launches. But when I select a task, it crashes.

I opened the chat line and conversed with some customer support person who didn't have any idea and then sent me to "technical support" and asked me to wait. So I did. For over an hour. Nothing.

I needed to burn a disc immediately and now I can't even open the damned program without it crashing. So far I have not been impressed AT ALL with Roxio support. I am running Yosemite on a Mac. Any ideas???

So far this program has been an entire waste of time and money.

4 answers to this question

This sounds like a continuation of the same issues with Toast 14 and Macs running Yosemite and later. I was hoping Toast 15 would fix the crashing issues, but it appears it hasn't. My 14 will burn one DVD, then crash, have to reboot, burn another, and go through the same process. Total uninstall and reinstall makes no difference.

Until Roxio gets this fixed, I am holding off on going to 15.

Homer

Someone else posted a potential "solution" here (link). Can you take a look at that solution and see if it works on your system? And let us know?

Thanks!

DG,

Tried the steps in the suggestion and the only change is it crashes faster. I will get the first screen (actually last screen open before a previous crash) and then it crashes and asks if I want to send a crash report. I have talked to tech support and got absolutely nowhere. The agent (and supervisor) I talked to couldn't even spell Mac let alone help me. They only wanted to get me off the phone and asked if I would be interested in a copy of the Windows product.

Homer