chargerdriver

Roxio Burn Drives

Question

I just installed Roxio NXT 4. In Windows 10 Device Manager, I now show additional hard drives with "Roxio Burn" as the label. These are annoying and serve no purpose. Any thoughts on how to get rid of them?

9 answers to this question

From the main NX4 interface, Tools - Configure Roxio Burn.

In there, clear the check marks by the drives.

Its' purpose is to do quick burning features without having to open the entire program ;)

It's Roxio Secure Burn, an optional part of NXT 4, and you installed it either by doing a "Complete" install, or by selecting it during a Custom install.

post-208-0-01352400-1469569175_thumb.jpg

If you don't want it on your machine you can uninstall it by going to your Windows 10 button > All Aps > Roxio and then right-clicking Roxio Secure Burn and selecting to uninstall it.

I've tried both suggestions above - I've cleared the check marks on the drives from the main Roxio Interface as well as clicking the Uninstall option for Secure Burn. The drives still appear. Is it necessary to uninstall the product and then do a custom install and leave Roxio Burn unchecked? I do thank you both for taking time to respond and would appreciate your comments to this additional question.

I believe I've found chargerdriver's problem. I think the "drives" he is referring to are showing in "ThisPC" rather than Device Manager.

post-208-0-34920500-1470022146_thumb.jpg

Another misleading feature in Windows 10, clicking the Uninstall option for Secure Burn in All Aps

post-208-0-71130200-1470022191_thumb.jpg

does NOT uninstall that program. It just opens the Control Panel at "Programs and Features". You can't individually uninstall the programs listed in All Aps, only the program groups listed in Programs and Features.

post-208-0-40942700-1470017846_thumb.jpg

There, it seems we can only operate on either the whole Creator suite, or the MyDVD lite. No uninstalling individual programs.

My apologies, chargerdriver, I too was misled by Windows 10 All Aps, so I put you wrong.

-The only way you can avoid those Roxio Burn icons in ThisPC is to do a custom install with Roxio Secure Burn unchecked.

-If you have already installed Roxio Burn, the only way to remove it seems to be uninstalling the whole Creator NXT4 suite, and then doing the custom install as above.

Regards,

Brendon

Edited by Brendon
  • Like 1

Yep.

-The only way you can avoid those Roxio Burn icons in ThisPC is to do a custom install with Roxio Secure Burn unchecked.

-If you have already installed Roxio Burn, the only way to remove it seems to be uninstalling the whole Creator NXT4 suite, and then doing the custom install as above.

Regards,

Brendon

Gentlemen:

Just a quick thank you for the support and guidance. I did an uninstall and custom reinstall and got rid of the "extra" drives. I don't like clutter on my machine and the extra icons were just annoying. Thanks again.

Edited by chargerdriver

You're more than welcome.

A few versions back we didn't even have an option for a custom install, and it was abominable.

Now we have custom install again, but individual uninstalls would be nice. :)