• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chargerdriver

chargerdriver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:19 AM

I just installed Roxio NXT 4. In Windows 10 Device Manager, I now show additional hard drives with "Roxio Burn" as the label. These are annoying and serve no purpose. Any thoughts on how to get rid of them?

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:27 PM

From the main NX4 interface, Tools - Configure Roxio Burn.

In there, clear the check marks by the drives.

Its' purpose is to do quick burning features without having to open the entire program ;)

#3 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,083 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

It's Roxio Secure Burn, an optional part of NXT 4,  and you installed it either by doing a "Complete" install, or by selecting it during a Custom install.

Attached File  i06.jpg   58.53KB   0 downloads

If you don't want it on your machine you can uninstall it by going to your Windows 10 button > All Aps > Roxio and then right-clicking Roxio Secure Burn and selecting to uninstall it.

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#4 chargerdriver

chargerdriver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:44 AM

I've tried both suggestions above - I've cleared the check marks on the drives from the main Roxio Interface as well as clicking the Uninstall option for Secure Burn. The drives still appear. Is it necessary to uninstall the product and then do a custom install and leave Roxio Burn unchecked? I do thank you both for taking time to respond and would appreciate your comments to this additional question.

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,970 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:19 PM

The drives still appear.

Appear where?

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#6 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,083 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:24 PM

I believe I've found chargerdriver's problem. I think the "drives" he is referring to are showing in "ThisPC" rather than Device Manager.

Attached File  this pc.jpg   25.98KB   1 downloads

Another misleading feature in Windows 10, clicking the Uninstall option for Secure Burn  in All Aps

Attached File  uninst.jpg   32.71KB   1 downloads

does NOT uninstall that program. It just opens the Control Panel at "Programs and Features". You can't individually uninstall the programs listed in All Aps, only the program groups listed in Programs and Features.

Attached File  programs and features.jpg   10.22KB   1 downloads

There, it seems we can only operate on either the whole Creator suite, or the MyDVD lite. No uninstalling individual programs.

My apologies, chargerdriver, I too was misled by Windows 10 All Aps, so I put you wrong.

-The only way you can avoid those Roxio Burn icons in ThisPC is to do a custom install with Roxio Secure Burn unchecked.

-If you have already installed Roxio Burn, the only way to remove it seems to be uninstalling the whole Creator NXT4 suite, and then doing the custom install as above.

Regards,

Brendon

Edited by Brendon, 31 July 2016 - 07:34 PM.

• cdanteek likes this

#7 chargerdriver

chargerdriver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:46 AM

If I click on This PC (Windows 10), 3 Roxio burn drives appear in addition to the normal drives I have installed. As I first posted, it's a nuisance.

#8 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,083 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:14 PM

Yep.

-The only way you can avoid those Roxio Burn icons in ThisPC is to do a custom install with Roxio Secure Burn unchecked.

-If you have already installed Roxio Burn, the only way to remove it seems to be uninstalling the whole Creator NXT4 suite, and then doing the custom install as above.

Regards,

Brendon

#9 chargerdriver

chargerdriver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:22 PM

Gentlemen:

Just a quick thank you for the support and guidance. I did an uninstall and custom reinstall and got rid of the "extra" drives. I don't like clutter on my machine and the extra icons were just annoying. Thanks again.

Edited by chargerdriver, 01 August 2016 - 01:23 PM.

#10 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,083 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:27 PM

You're more than welcome.

A few versions back we didn't even have an option for a custom install, and it was abominable.

Now we have custom install again, but individual uninstalls would be nice.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users