Sign in to follow this  
ThatGuyWalkingBy

Color Distortion In Recording

Question

Hi there, I was also having trouble with the capture device's problem with the color distortion on the top of the video. I have a video here to show you what's going on, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I live in the US and I am using an NTSC format VCR, however, the VCR was purchased right around February, so it is fairly new. Can someone please help me out here? Thanks.

Video evidence:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3rf7zt_nick-jr-commercials-april-1998-pt-4_tv

(The problem is happening here and there throughout the entire capture of the VHS that this video came from, however it is most predominate throughout this part.)

3 answers to this question

It is a commercial tape and most likely uses Macrovision as an anti copy safeguard.

Try it with a better source like a DVD or BD Player and see what happens.

I am going to break this off into a its' own topic rather than hanging on one that is almost a year old ;)

Everything else works fine except for the VHS capture. I'm starting to think it's something related to the quality of the magnetic film strip on the tape. I'm going to try with several other products, 3 being of Roxio's, and see if my experimentation helps. Thank you so much.

5 months later...

Did you try the other source as suggested to see if it is present there?