NC_Chas

Distortion Line At Bottom Of Captured Video

Question

I get a small line of distortion at the bottom of the captured video. The only way I can describe it is to say it is the bottom 4-5% of the video is crooked. On the preview, it is also wider than the video.

I have tried different tapes and cables to connect the VCR to the capture device. Exactly same result. I connected the VCR to my flat screen and the line is not there so I am left to assume it is due to the capture device. Any ideas?

Also, on first use, I stopped recording and went to the internet to search for answers. When I came back to it the device was very hot to the touch. Is this normal?

Thank you in advance for any advice offered.

3 answers to this question

I get a small line of distortion at the bottom of the captured video. The only way I can describe it is to say it is the bottom 4-5% of the video is crooked. On the preview, it is also wider than the video.

I have tried different tapes and cables to connect the VCR to the capture device. Exactly same result. I connected the VCR to my flat screen and the line is not there so I am left to assume it is due to the capture device. Any ideas?

Also, on first use, I stopped recording and went to the internet to search for answers. When I came back to it the device was very hot to the touch. Is this normal?

Thank you in advance for any advice offered.

Zip up your dxdiag.exe (instructions in the link) and attach it in a post click 'more reply options' to see the attach at the bottom left of the screen.

Edited by cdanteek