2 replies to this topic

#1 Fernando CauÍ

Fernando CauÍ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:14 AM

Good morning.

I´m reading another topics and I didn´t find any topic about this issue.

I´m a old console enthusiastic and I got some of them during my life.

I would love to start recording from those consoles but I have a doubt and a problem.

I got a Roxio Game Cap (not a pro) and my pc is a Intel 2Ghz Core i7 2630 QM - 6 GB - 

I´m trying to record my Sega Saturn but I can´t get image. 

Does it just work at video component cable? If is that, why does the image reaches the TV? On the TV screen, the image pass through the cap and it´s ok. But on the Roxio Program, I got just the sound e some images, like and old tv trying to find a channel. Some black and white images changing all the time.

If this cap is not for this kind of record, can someone tell me a way to record from those old consoles?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Fernando Cauê

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,456 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:48 AM

Yes!

Never tried it but here is a thought...

Input the Composite into a DVD or VHS Player that has Component Out... should do the trick cheaper than a converter ;)

#3 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,799 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:08 AM

The reason it works the way it does, where you can get a picture on your TV, but only a blurry black & white image through Game Capture device, is that many TVs "share" the green component input with Composite circuitry.  That is, if it detects a Composite signal, it routes it through the Composite signal circuitry to give you a good image.  If it detects the "Green" Component signal, then it uses all three Red, Green, Blue Component inputs instead.  The Roxio Game Capture device doesn't support that, it only supports a real Component signal.

If you can find a unit like Jim suggests above, that should work.

If not, then Roxio's VHS to DVD package supports Composite video signal input, but only for capture, not for streaming.

Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you'll suck forever. - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 750 TI video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer | ASUS-12B1ST Blu-Ray writer | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 7610 all-in-one printer/scanner | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

Instructions for posting images in your post.
Contact Roxio/Corel Support to reset your Key after too many install attempts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users