• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Joelio

Sound Editor 'not Responding' After 'done' Capture

Question

I'm running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (64 bit) on an i7 with 8 GB of Ram.

I installed Easy VHS to DVD 3 to capture audio from a casette player. All works well until I click on 'done'. The Sound Editor processes the captured audio into a file up to 99% and then stalls and 'crashes' ('Not responding'). No file is saved and I am forced to close the application. This occurs with long captures (25 min) and short captures (1 min)

I've tried repairing the install to no avail.

I suspect it might have something to do with my screen saver switching on during the capture, but that seems ridiculous.

Can anyone provide any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

PS - I searched through the message boards for any answers addressing this but didnt find any. Apologies if I've missed one.

6 answers to this question

I suspect it might have something to do with my screen saver switching on during the capture, but that seems ridiculous.

Can anyone provide any suggestions?

No, not ridiculous at all. Turn your screen saver off, or stick around and touch the mouse occasionally to keep it from kicking in, and see if that makes a difference.

But, you say it also happens if you only capture a couple of minutes and stop the capture? Is that before the screen capture turns on?

I tested mine on 2 PC's but not long enough for the screen saver to kick in.

Of course both worked fine. Try Dave's suggestions so we have a little more to go on -_-

First, thanks for your replys. I appreciate it.

I did a test as per your suggestion. I sat and watched as the Sound Editor record about 20 minutes of audio. Afterwards I clicked on 'done' and it processed up to 99% before getting stuck and 'not responding'. During this time the screen saver did not activate. No other applications were running except those in the background (dropbox, antivirus, etc.).

I then did a second test where I recorded 1 minute of audio. The Sound Editor processed the file immediately and without any problem.

So, it appears that length of audio file is the issue here. However, with over a dozen tapes of audio notes to digitize, I need a better solution than stiching together 1 minute files (or even 5 minutes for that matter).

Any suggestions?

I'm not sure what the problem is. It doesn't seem to be associated with my screen saver. Rather its something to do with the length of the recording/capture. Is anyone aware of any other posts on this website that would be of help?

Let's move to your drive... What kind of drive are you saving to?

If it is an external what FORMAT is it in - FAT 32 or NTFS? (right click: Properties)

While in there, what is the Free space in MB?

Lastly, what if you create a New Folder on your C:\ drive and point it to that location to save. (Tools Options Temp Files)

Really have not heard of this with Audio Files... And is interesting ;)