Sign in to follow this  
spool5

Best Workflow? Adobe Premiere Pro C>Toast Titanium 14 Blu-Ray

Question

I'm new to Toast as I've used iDVD for 10 years and love their Menus, but, need to make some blu-ray discs which Apple doesn't do (and I have done a lot of searching on this first in these Forums and YouTube). I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro CC, and have built a movie that's about 2:21 (2 hours 21 min.). What would be the best Media Encoder settings to use and Export to bring into Toast? I did install the Toast HD/Blu-ray Plug-In. Also, can music be added to the Menu in Toast?

2 answers to this question

If you have a Adobe Premiere Pro CC subscription, then you may also install Premiere Pro CS6. The reason to do that, is that this will also give you Encore CS6 (which is no longer in active development), the authoring package that works well with Premiere Pro. Then you have an alternative for authoring discs (BD, DVD).

You could export as MPEG-2 Blu-ray or H.264 Blu-ray. Both are valid options for Blu-ray. H.264 files will probably be a bit smaller, compared to MPEG-2, for visually the same quality, but perhaps that is not an issue at all with the 141 minute runtime.

As far as I know, Toast will re-encode all video, unless the source is MPEG-2 *and* Toast is set to NOT re-encode. If you think the double encode might degrade your footage to much, then that might be a reason to opt for MPEG-2.

Toast menus are static: no motion, no sound.

Thanks theoldarchiver. I did initially go through the procedure of finding and installing PP CS6 to get Encore CS6, then uninstalled PP CS6. But, as I just need pretty simple menus, it looked like the learning curve with Encore might take some time, even after watching a couple of tutorials on adobe.com and lynda.com. However, the static menus on Toast with no motion and no sound are a bit too simple, especially after working in iDVD for so long. I might see how far I get with the MPEG-2 encode to bring into Toast. Thanks again.