Sign in to follow this  
Beecee

Which Versions Run In Windows 10? (Split)

Question

Out of interest does anyone 'know' which releases are Win10 compatible, sorry if you choke on reading this. I've got Roxio Creator 2011 which wouldn't run tonight, 1st time I've tried with Win10 suppose I'll have to put my hand in my pocket and acquire NXT Pro 4. I don't use it a lot but ir's handy , having used Roxio for close on 20 years.

Out of interest what happens when your main drive corrupts two days after the install of the upgrade? I'll find out tomorrow, hadn't done a back up of that but the Win7Pro I have a full one. Going to attempt using Win7, then jump to Win10 though I have the

San/Western Digital sent a new SSD pro grata even though the warranty ran out two months prior, amazing. Got 4 of their Red drives in the server, so from now on I'm not looking at any other supplier!

Cheers BC

9 answers to this question

Creator NXT4 is listed as Win 10 compatible. Someone also had another screen shot from Corel/Roxio's site showing Creator NXT 3 as Win 10 compatible.

If you do much video work, it's a fair warning that the version of MyDVD that comes with NXT 4 is vastly INferior to what came with previous versions.

Now, not listed as Win 10 compatible is Creator 2012, which a number of people have said is running fine on their Win 10 systems. I am among that crowd.

• Like 1

Add me to that list Dave---I have Creator 2012 Pro running just fine with all of it's

suite programs. Never did get NXT4 Pro installed so it would run Videowave and

MyDVD at all on W10 Pro !!

Out of interest what happens when your main drive corrupts two days after the install of the upgrade? I'll find out tomorrow, hadn't done a back up of that but the Win7Pro I have a full one. Going to attempt using Win7, then jump to Win10 though I have the

San/Western Digital sent a new SSD pro grata even though the warranty ran out two months prior, amazing. Got 4 of their Red drives in the server, so from now on I'm not looking at any other supplier!

Your post seemed to get a bit mungled after "then jump to Win10 though I have the . . . "

Are saying that your SSD died two days after you upgraded to Windows 10?

Your machine is supposed to have registered itself with Microsoft when you successfully 'upgraded' to Windows 10. That being the case you should now be able to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and do a fresh install from that, and have Win 10 activate itself without you having to supply a Win 10 key. [You 'Skip' the step where you're asked to enter your key] That's easier than reloading Win 7, updating it, and then upgrading 10 somehow now the free upgrades have finished.

Like Dave and Frank above, I too have Creator 2012 running in Windows 10 (1607 build 14393.82). It's much more complete than any of the NXT versions (especially NXT 4), and all the applets I've used seem to be performing well. I haven't found any incompatibility.

Regards,

Brendon

• Like 1

Add me to the Creator 2012 pack with Win 10 :lol:

But this 'compatibility' could be wiped out at anytime with some Win 10 update... posibility

Add me to the Creator 2012 pack with Win 10 :lol:

But this 'compatibility' could be wiped out at anytime with some Win 10 update... possibility

Just don't do updates Jim--- :D

Hi guys

I came on to look about what version I should get and as Win 10 had been discussed thought I'd mention my experience.

Approximately 48 hours after the upgrade the crash occurred. My mate in IT calls these events Cowell's Law as if it going to happen, yours truly is the recipient!*

So I'm about to install the drive and still not sure about going straight to Win10.

I've observed that the machines that upgraded took all the settings, but the new Lenovo X1 Yoga will not run some.

Anyway thanks for your comments.

Bye from Blighty

BC

* the editor from PCPRO who I'd discussed our renegade Dell XPS13 liked liked the ring of the name for a column, I replied not me please!

Hi BC,

Being paranoid I hate to admit to coincidence, but I don't think Windows 10 will have scrambled your SSD's brain. :)

[What do you mean by "I've observed that the machines that upgraded took all the settings, but the new Lenovo X1 Yoga will not run some." ?]

I mentioned the direct install of the latest Windows 10 from an ISO, because I've done it several times on rotary drives in the past couple of days, and because I'm not sure if Microsoft will let you do a free upgrade from Windows 7 now their 'grace' period has passed.

Go well with the install. Cheers from Down Under.

Brendon

The phrase "I hear what you say" plus two mates in IT agree. I'll do it tomorrow.

Cheers

BC

Hi BC,

I hope the install went okay.

I was just reading articles on the Microsoft board here which indicate a large number of users are encountering a hard freeze at logon after MS installed their update, so I was very wrong to accept coincidence in my message above.

They say the problem arises on computers that have the O.S. on an SSD, with apps and data stored on another drive - the usual configuration for enthusiasts. MS says the solution is to move all your apps and data back onto the SSD in safe mode. That would have to be a temporary work-around, since it certainly isn't a solution.

I was just about to put a spare rotary drive into the laptop with my SSD, but there's not much point in doing that until they fix Win 10. Buggrit! *

Brendon

(* Sir Terry Pratchett)