Sign in to follow this  
john george

Nxt Pro 4 Windvd Playback

Question

Hi

if you buy NXT PRO 4 and want to play the DVD you created in WinDVD it will not play if you are use the latest version of Windows 10 ( version 1607 )

as the version of WinDVD in NXT PRO 4 is version 10.8.0.203

this what Corel Technical Support said after 3 day and a few E-Mails

Thank you for contacting Corel Technical Support.

With regards to your concern, I would like to inform you that I have actually tested the version of WinDVD that is included in your Roxio Creator NXT 4. Upon further assess the software, I'm afraid to inform you that your version of WinDVD is not compatible with the Windows 10 operating system. I would like to provide you a link showing the list of the programs that are compatible with Windows 10:

3 answers to this question

Thank you, John George. Mine is still running fine in Windows 7, but in Windows 10 v.1607 there's a brief flick of cursor activity when you click the icon, and nothing loads.

Did the link he gave you (can we see it please?) still show NXT4 as compatible??

I guess Corel will need to give away a later version with NXT 5 when it comes out soon, although we're getting pretty close to the traditional new version release date so it might be too late to fix that.

Does anyone know if Version 11 of WinDVD still runs in Windows 10?

Regards,

Brendon

John George messaged me to say the link was to the download page for WinDVD pro 11, which does run in the latest version of Windows 10.

I guess Roxio knows what to pack with NXT 5 when they release it. :)

Hello John George,

I think we have a result! Thank you very much.

The Software Manager gave me an update this morning.

post-208-0-23191400-1474070235_thumb.jpg

The patch is creator_nxt4_pro_sp4_windvd.exe It's 124 MB, and and it updates WinDVD to version 10.8.0.211. I think that's what's needed to run in Windows 10.

It doesn't update the "About this software" in Creator from SP3 to SP4, but it does update WinDVD.

I got it on my Windows 7 machine, so I'm off to try it under Windows 10 now.

Regards,

Brendon