Jer3784

Audio Bleeps / Blotches

Question

I bought this product and finally set it up. The product works fine, but every time I record I get these 1 second bleeps in the transfer. They almost sound like a 1 second robot wave. I know it isn't glitches in the VHS tapes, as I can replay the same section of the tape, and the bleep will appear in a different part every time.

Could this be due to me going straight from VCR to PC, rather than VCR to TV and then from TV to PC?

19 answers to this question

Tell us HOW you have got your VCR hooked up to the Roxio unit ( cables), describe in detail ?.

It is a basic AV Out three prong (red, white, yellow) from the back of the unit to the Roxio, Roxio to the USB. Picture is fine and 98% audio is fine. Just this minor issue I am looking to fix.

Does it happen using other tapes?. Do the tape(s) play ok when connected directly into the TV?.

In my way out for the day. I will take a look at those threads tonight.

What do you mean by a different source? As in a different VCR? This is the only VCR I have where I was able to get a right and left channel audio.

Yes a different VCR would be nice, any device with a Composite output (Yellow/Red/White RCA cord) eg Camcorder/DVD player.

User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
Card name: Intel® HD Graphics
Version: 8.15.10.2622 (Latest) Date: 1/21/2012
Driver Name: HdAudio.sys
Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (English)
Date and Size: 11/20/2010 22:23:47, 350208 bytes

I would set your DPI at 100% when using Roxio programs.

Update your Video and Audio drivers.

Any idea what the issue might be?

Yes....try another source, see post #9.

So.. Go out and buy another VCR, and if it doesn't work return it? I am still confused about the source. The one I am using is an almost brand new unit, that had been sitting in the box for most of the years I had it.

I will look to change that setting. How do I go about updating individual drivers?

So.. Go out and buy another VCR, and if it doesn't work return it? I am still confused about the source. The one I am using is an almost brand new unit, that had been sitting in the box for most of the years I had it.

I will look to change that setting. How do I go about updating individual drivers?

No don't be silly.

Anything that has Composite or S-Video and White/Red audio is what you want. That could be a DVD Player, a BD Player or even your DVR :huh:

Do you have any of those things so you can try it?

I have tried my old TV. I had no issues on that, but the built in VCR eats up tapes, so I wasn't about to try doing that. I tried another VCR, but that only gave me sound out of one channel.

So, you connected an output from your old TV, and that worked okay? No extraneous noises in the capture? Then you've pretty well proven that the capture device is good, and that the problem is with your VCR. And that would make sense that the sounds you're getting occur in different spots on the tape if you rewind. It's not the tape, it sounds like it's the VCR.

I just want to confirm that when you connected a output from your old TV (your post #17) into the Roxio unit the Picture and Sound were ok. Is that correct?