Craig 7769

Digitize Lps Doesn't Save All Songs

Question

I recently noticed that Digitize Lps doesn't save a song on about 1 out of 20 LPs

I tried to re-digitize the song and it still wouldn't save.

Also when I switched from Creator NXT 2 to Creator NXT 4 Music ID only tries to ID the first 2 songs.

When I was using Creator NXT 2 it would try to ID all of the songs and some times get all of them right!

10 answers to this question

I recently noticed that Digitize Lps doesn't save a song on about 1 out of 20 LPs

I tried to re-digitize the song and it still wouldn't save.

Also when I switched from Creator NXT 2 to Creator NXT 4 Music ID only tries to ID the first 2 songs.

When I was using Creator NXT 2 it would try to ID all of the songs and some times get all of them right!

So, what exactly happens when it "doesn't save a song"?

Is it a case that some of what was played is deleted? Or is it a case that it's not identifying a change between tracks so that one of the tracks is appended to the next one? Or do you mean that it's just not coming up with a name for the track?

Do you have track detection enabled so that it automatically attempts to split out each track? (I'm assuming that's the case.)

Not being shy about doing my own track splitting, I always record the entire side of an album at one time, then I manually split out the tracks. I also then name the files manually, but that's just my preference.

But let us know exactly what's happening.

Edited by d_deweywright

Do you have track detection enabled so that it automatically attempts to split out each track? (I'm assuming that's the case.)

No I don't use track detection, Didn't care for it.

Not being shy about doing my own track splitting, I always record the entire side of an album at one time, then I manually split out the tracks. I also then name the files manually, but that's just my preference.

I do the same as you except I use Music ID to get some of the songs labeled then finish the rest.

The song just disappears.

So... the song exists until you try to have it automatically ID'd? And then it goes away? That would inspire me to make a backup of the files before running Music ID so I could recover the file. No good clue on that one. I haven't seen anyone else reporting this problem, yet, and I haven't tried that option.

What file format are you recording to, .WAV? .MP3?

Didn't have much time this morning to reply.

I use music ID to help ID the songs but the problem doesn't occur until after all of the songs have all been ID'ed.

It happens when I save the songs to HD

On 1 out of maybe 10 - 20 albums one of the songs will not save. It may be the first song the 3rd, or any one of the other songs.

I didn't realize it was happening till about 2 weeks ago.

I tried rerecording that song and it still would not save.

I noticed it on the album I was working on at the time and then went back and checked other albums.

Tried sending a message to Roxio's tech support and HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING from them.

If this is typical of their tech support I probably won't purchase another one of their products.

Brendon

I looked at your link

I used NX2 for a long time and never had a problem with it.

Upgraded to NX4 and now I have that problem

Doesn't sound like their tech support is worth much.

They will not talk to you on the phone (e-mail) only

Craig,

I haven't seen or heard of that problem of disappearing tracks until now.

I fear that with Roxio being "acquired" by a number of successive companies there are probably few if any of the original Roxio staff left, so the support staff won't already 'know' of the software's history and can't immediately answer you without going away and researching the problem. That's why enthusiastic users here like Dave Dewywright (above) are so valuable. He knows more about audio than anyone else here, I think.

Regards,

Brendon

I've heard from tech support their suggestion uninstall, reinstall and delete temp files. I'll try that then try again. Hope it works. but not holding out much hope.