Sign in to follow this  
Bekki

Questions About Upgrading From Creator 2010

Question

Hi!

I just found out Creator 2010 is not compatible with Windows 10. I guess I have no option except to upgrade to NXT 4 even though I like what I have.

I have 2 questions:

1) Will NXT 4 or NXT 4 pro open, play, and burn movies I made with Creator 2010 and have stored on my computer?

2) Do you recommend NXT 4 or NXT 4 pro? I like to make DVDs from my videos that have chapters with title slides before each new video topic. For example, I insert a color panel with text on it before all of my Christmas video segments that introduces the topic of Christmas. Do both have that ability?

Thanks for your knowledge and help!

Bekki

6 answers to this question

Hi!

I just found out Creator 2010 is not compatible with Windows 10. I guess I have no option except to upgrade to NXT 4 even though I like what I have.

I have 2 questions:

1) Will NXT 4 or NXT 4 pro open, play, and burn movies I made with Creator 2010 and have stored on my computer?

2) Do you recommend NXT 4 or NXT 4 pro? I like to make DVDs from my videos that have chapters with title slides before each new video topic. For example, I insert a color panel with text on it before all of my Christmas video segments that introduces the topic of Christmas. Do both have that ability?

Thanks for your knowledge and help!

Bekki

1) It depends. What do you mean by movies? If you have output your projects to movie files, then yes. If you did not, then no. Your projects themselves, are not movie files. There are no actual movies in those files.

2) If you really like Creator 2010, then you would be totally disappointed with NXT 4 or NXT 4 Pro. They have reduced capabilities from what you are using now.

Thank you for your reply.

Clarification about my projects - In Roxio, I go to Edit Video-Advanced and create productions. I then send those productions to MyDVD so that I can burn them onto DVDs. I have numerous projects like that and I'm not sure if I will be able to open them and revise them if I upgrade. I also have one project that is half complete in Edit-Video Advanced, but I'm unable to work on it without Videowave closing down because my computer now has Windows 10. Will I be able to finish that project with NXT 4 Pro?

I'm sorry to hear I will be disappointed with NXT 4. I don't believe I have any other option since I can't use Creator 2010 with my new computer since it has Windows 10. Will I still be able to insert color panels into my productions with text on the color panel? That is the main feature I love about Roxio that I can't get in most other programs. I use color panels to introduce what is going to be seen in the next set of videos.

Thank you for your help! I'm in awe that I'm reading your responses to my questions because I've read so many of your responses to other users and used your information to solve complications I've had while creating projects.

Bekki

I know nothing about Windows 10, because from what I saw of it, I would not have it on any computer that I own. From what you said, in your last post, it is doubtful that any of the .dmsm files(Edit Video- Advanced files) or the .dmsd files (MyDVD files) would open in NXT4 or NXT4 Pro. Had you output your productions, in Edit Video-Advanced, to a movie file, you could use those movie files in NXT 4 or NXT4 Pro.

From tinkering we have seen that Creator 2012 and NXT3 seem to run under Win 10 without any issues. Keep in mind that only NXT4 is certified to run on Win 10 so if you elect to run one of those, it cannot be guaranteed to work -_-

NXT5 just hit the shelves and from what I hear it is equally disappointing :unsure:

Are you less disappointed in Creator 2012? Maybe I'll try that program since it is working with Windows 10. It may also be more compatible with projects I've already completed.

Bekki

Creator 2012 was the best of the bunch! After that version they started to remove or disable things... NXT 4 removed an old friend (mydvd) and replaced with an extremely limited program.