Arthur Thompson

Replacing Audio Track With Another Synchronized Tarck

Question

My main need is to extract the low fidelity audio track from a camcorder video MPG file with a timeline, synchronize a high fidelity WAV audio that was recorded simultaneously to the original track timeline and insert this WAV track back into the video for the purpose of making high audio fidelity DVDs. Will Creator NXT 5 easily do this?

2 answers to this question

My main need is to extract the low fidelity audio track from a camcorder video MPG file with a timeline, synchronize a high fidelity WAV audio that was recorded simultaneously to the original track timeline and insert this WAV track back into the video for the purpose of making high audio fidelity DVDs. Will Creator NXT 5 easily do this?

Possibly. but it depends a lot about dropped frames and synchronization. First, you would mute the "native audio track and then add the high definition audio to any of the other audio tracks. With any luck, they would match up. If not, you can move the high definition audio track to start earlier or later than the video.

This is more easily done with rather short videos, the longer, the more chance of dropped frames. Sometime a transition will hide the out of sync issue.

If you are really interested, I can do a screen shot of the timeline showing this.

What output format are you going to use for the video?

Burn it to DVD in NXT 5, Standard Definition DVD or Blu-ray?

What is your high fidelity WAV audio specs?