brewspecial

Missing .dll File

Question

Am suddenly getting missing msvcr71.dll file message when opening videowave preventing its usage

I have looked at a couple of similar postings on here, but when I click on suggested solutions get message This site can't be reached.

Relying on you across the pond experts yet again, although it's been a while

23 answers to this question

No need to bold your text.

There are a lot of potential fixes. This article seems to be pretty thorough. Let us know which potential fix works.

I have not experienced this problem so I have no first hand experience. If you want to wait for a day or so, others will offer some suggestions.

Just in case, NXT 2 is not compatible with Windows 10.

• Like 1

Thanks for reply

I am using Windows 10 on laptop where i got the message

Great stunt to get you to upgrade ?

Presume NXT5 is compatible ?

You upgraded your system to W-10 didn't you? :unsure:

The stunt was self-inflicted wasn't it? :rolleyes:

No,actually I bought a new laptop on which it was pre-loaded.

Pre-loaded? If so it is an OEM. The laptop manufacturer should give you a program that works. Contact them and talk to them about the .dll error and the non-working OEM version.

You have been on here long enough so you have the computer smarts to intelligently talk to them.

Steve, I think brewspecial means he bought a new laptop and W-10 was preloaded on it? :unsure:

Brewspecial,

I don't think this problem will be solved by any of the solutions in the AboutTech article Steve linked you to.

The main problem is that you are trying to run Creator NXT 2 in Windows 10, and Creator NXT 2 is not compatible with Windows 10.

I presume NXT 5 will be compatible, since NXT 4 is, but none of us gurus have an NXT 5 to work with yet.

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks for all replies

I have not been thinking clearly.

I have produced movies on the laptop, so don't think Windows 10 is the problem.

If I try to load one of these from the "edit an existing production" menu or "create a new production" I get VIDEOWAVE HAS STOPPED WORKING and later the missing msvcr71.dll file message

I will go though sknis posting later, but wondered if anyone else has a suggestion

Regards

I have produced movies on the laptop, so don't think Windows 10 is the problem.

If I try to load one of these from the "edit an existing production" menu or "create a new production" I get VIDEOWAVE HAS STOPPED WORKING and later the missing msvcr71.dll file message

Only politicians can ignore the facts until they hear something they like, but even they come unstuck in the end.

If you could load one of those from the "edit an existing production" menu or "create a new production" menu items in your previous Operating System, but you can't do that under Windows 10, then "Windows 10 is the problem."

Sorry.

Brendon

• Like 1

Brendon

Sorry if there is any mis -understanding

I bought a new laptop earlier in the year

It had Windows 10 pre-installed

I have made movies with it with no problems

A few days ago the problem started

Mick

Brendon

Sorry if there is any mis -understanding

I bought a new laptop earlier in the year

It had Windows 10 pre-installed

I have made movies with it with no problems

A few days ago the problem started

Mick

What Roxio software (correct name please) did you make movies, with no problem, on your new laptop with W-10?

If NXT2 worked with W-10 but now doesn't no one here can help NXT2 is not W-10 compatible!

Some older versions you can load in a newer OS and they might work for a while but eventually break because they aren't compatible with the new MS Operating System.

Sorry....

Have been working my way through sknis' first reply

Re-installed NXT2 and works ok again EXCEPT -

Message saying 1027 x 768 or higher required and 16 bit minimum colour required

Both of my settings exceed this

Result (I presume because of the above) is no Text, Overlay,Video or Transition effects

Help

STOP PRESS

Just discovered that these features DO actually work,it's just that I can only see question marks on each menu rather than an example.

Will go through whole procedure of burning to disc and report back

Brewspecial,

Windows has a feature where it can change the size of text etc., and it's this feature which gives Roxio programs trouble. If it's set to anything else but "100%" you'll get that error message you mentioned in post #15, and weird video results with your program.

Please try this:

In Windows 10 go Start > Settings, and type "text" in the query box. You'll see a result like this

post-208-0-64253600-1476220389_thumb.jpg

Go for "Make text and other items larger or smaller" You'll then see this

post-208-0-68086700-1476220467_thumb.jpg

Check where the slider is. If it isn't already at 100%, set it there then exit and see if your Roxio display problem has cleared.

You didn't say how you cleared your msvcr71.dll problem. I spent several hours yesterday working with NXT 2 in the latest Windows 10 and never ran into that problem. Creator puts 4 copies of that .dll into the system in various places. I did get two instances of "Videowave has stopped working" when Videowave was loading, but it worked from the third attempt. Later VW just disappeared mid-session for no apparent reason. It did run next time I loaded it, but all my unsaved work was lost.

Incompatibility shows effects ranging from total failure down to periodic instability. I think by now you will have seen as I did, that NXT 2 has periods of instability in Windows 10. I'd recommend going to a higher version of NXT, except in NXT 4 the full-featured MyDVD was removed and replaced by a program which is a pale shadow of its former self.

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon

Thanks again for your reply

I did say above how I solved the initial problem - by re-installing Roxio

Also,yes I did check the text size and it is 100%. Also tried altering it to (maximum) of 125% but that didn't help

Looks like I will have to live with the problem. I will take some screen shots from my PC of the items that are not showing.

I was going to upgrade to NXT5 but not sure if that's a good idea now

Anyway mate, thanks again

Regards

Mick

You're welcome Mick.

My apologies, I missed the reinstall clearing that problem.

I still have NXT 2 running on Windows 10, and am poking a stick at it when I get a few spare moments, so if there's anything in particular you want me to look at let me know.

I wonder if your question marks are due to another error by the installer routine. I haven't experienced them myself.

If you're having severe problems it might be worth your while to do a Repair install to see if that straightens things up. I'm told a Repair doesn't count against the 20 installs you're permitted to do on your key.

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon

I tried the repair suggestion, but it didn't solve the problem.

I vaguely remember seeing these question marks in the past but they obviosly went away !

Really kind of you to offer your help, and also for other matters. at the moment (!) I am ok with everything else and can live with the question marks.

Once again many thanks

Regards

Mick

Thanks Mick.

I'm stuck with this nagging curiosity about the question marks now, so if you do uncover anything please come back here and let us know?

Regards,

Brendon

Bruce

I certainly will

What annoys me is that I definitely had this before and must have fixed it

Also, annoyingly, I have a folder where I note solutions for all types of technologjcal problems but there is nothing in there

Don't let it keep you awake !!

Best Wishes

Mick