Gibeltarik

Duplicate Optical Drives (E & F) Icons Created By Installation!

Question

Have just installed Roxio Creator NXT Pro 5 and two Roxio Flaming Discs icons have appeared in the This PC window in addition to the two normal Windows icons for drives E and F. See attached file. How do I remove the Roxio icons, please?

post-26618-0-54741000-1476446410_thumb.png

5 answers to this question

I don't know that you can get rid of them.They are the icons that were created when Roxio Secrure Burn was installed during setup.

I looked in the options and don't see anything about turning them off.I don't have Pro 5,I have Pro 4.

Open the app from your Programs list and then go to Options to see if you can find something.

Gibeltarik,

Those 'icons' are actually System Folders which are being shown in This PC by Roxio Burn. They will show in there as long as Roxio Burn is installed. You can disable the Roxio Burn Watcher service, but that will only stop the icons which pop up in the lower right corner of your screen when you insert a disc. It won't suppress the system folders.

Roxio Burn, which is an optional install in the suite, is a separate burn system from the main Creator system. It allows you to drag and drop separate files into these folders and when you are ready, to burn them all to disc. It also allows quick copying of discs. It is handy for some users but not essential.

If the system folders annoy you that much you could get rid of Roxio Burn by uninstalling all of NXT 5 (there's no separate uninstaller for Burn) and then doing a custom reinstall without Burn. It's up to you but it's a lot of work and will take one off the number of installs permitted on your key.

Regards,

Brendon

• Like 1

Thanks to you all who replied. As soon as I posted my query I started suspecting the Roxio Drives were part of NXT 5! Having now had it confirmed makes me feel a bit stupid. They don't really bother me and I might actually need them as I learn the program. Once again, many thanks.

Hello again Gibeltarik,

I was just exploring my Windows 10 ver 1607 a bit further, and found something which might interest you.

In the "This PC" display of the Files Explorer there's a pull-down to the right of the drive "Type" column, and it shows 5 items which can be displayed. One of them is 'System Folder"

If all types are unchecked, all will be shown. However if some are checked then only those types of item will be shown.

If you check some types but not the System Folders, then the Roxio Burn system folders will disappear, which was what you wanted.

In these before and after screenshots, Drive Z: is the optical drive. See how the Burn Drive folder disappears?

post-208-0-03514000-1477642457_thumb.jpgpost-208-0-88361300-1477642463_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Brendon