garry_gregory

Roxio Secure Burn

Question

On startup, Roxio Secure Burn puts icons on my screen for all hard drives (internal and external). How do I prevent this? At the moment, all I seem to be able to do is "Exit" them individually ... a real pain every time I start or re-boot my computer.

6 answers to this question

On startup, Roxio Secure Burn puts icons on my screen for all hard drives (internal and external). How do I prevent this? At the moment, all I seem to be able to do is "Exit" them individually ... a real pain every time I start or re-boot my computer.

Roxio Secure burn is supposed to make icons for your optical disc drives only.

Video here,

Hello Garry,

Look down the bottom right of one of those icons for a tiny sprocket or gear symbol nearly hidden where I've put the hand pointer in this picture. That's the "Options" button.

post-208-0-95593700-1476821426_thumb.jpg

Explore in the options screens. I don't have Roxio Secure Burn 4 (yet) but in Secure Burn 3 the General tab had a check-box for "Show optical drives only". I hope they haven't removed it. However there may be a box at the bottom of the options screen for "Individual Settings" which might give you some control.

Please try the Options, and let me know what you find.

Regards,

Brendon

In NXT4 when you open the options the very first one says "show optical drives only",since it was in NXT3 I'd imagine it's still there for 5. Checking that one will only display your CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drives.

You can also go to the bottom and disable it on the optical drives if you so wish.

Sorry to jump in Brendon.

Edited by tbrewst

I guess that everyone is assuming that NXT4 and NXT3 programing screens will be the same as NXT5 ??

This could lead to some frustration for those that DO HAVE NXT5 !

I guess that everyone is assuming that NXT4 and NXT3 programing screens will be the same as NXT5 ??

This could lead to some frustration for those that DO HAVE NXT5 !

I doubt they poured a lot of time in NXT 5 :lol:

When we get a reply from Garry, the man who actually has the software, then we won't have to guess. :)