Joanne W

"please Insert Blank Disc" Always Shown When Trying To Burn Disc

Question

I am trying to burn a new audio project to a blank disc but keep getting an error message saying "please insert a blank disc" -

The disc is blank and have tried burning on iTunes without a problem. Any clues?

10 answers to this question

Based on my experiences, this usually indicates you have a good blank disk but it is the wrong size--

(i.e.--750MB or DVD 4.7 GB etc.)--OR wrong type disk to start with.

The project is small (only 10 mins of music). I have tried good quality discs 700MB, CD-R, 52x speed, 80mins.

I never had this problem with the trial version of Roxio.

Please help!!

The project is small (only 10 mins of music). I have tried good quality discs 700MB, CD-R, 52x speed, 80mins.

I never had this problem with the trial version of Roxio.

Please help!!

Interesting, as there never has been a 'trial version' of Roxio???

But at this point you are using NXT 4, right?

As Redwagon suggests the Project size is one reason for this message. Another one that I have seen is that the disc inserted is not the right disc for the Project :huh:

Trying to use a DVD blank for an Audio CD project or a CD for a DVD project...

Another case is using a disc with something on it. It may not be a lot, just a few bytes written but enough for the drive/software to know it isn't blank. Trying another disc or two will confirm that.

I believe that trying to burn a blank disc in a drive that is not a burner (-ROM drive) will invoke this message. I don't have any ROM drives to test that with -_-

Edited by Jim_Hardin

After trying Jim's suggestions proceed to the below suggestions.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/74799-no-drive-detected/?do=findComment&comment=374534

The post below user jolafson actually sent me his drive, I installed it in my PC and had no problem with the drive not recognizing a disc in a Roxio program.

What does that mean? Different PC's with different software installed and the environment makes things sometime interfere with certain software other folks have no problem with.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/89663-nxt-pro-not-recognizing-disc-in-drive/

Interesting, as there never has been a 'trial version' of Roxio???

That was from 9 years ago :huh:

Just on ten, actually. (November 2006). :lol:

That was the trial version I was able to sneakily activate into a real version! :):D:lol: