Sign in to follow this  
DavidMW

Create Looping Audio Cd

Question

Is it possible to create a looping audio CD using Toast? If so at which version was this option introduced? The intention is simply to produce an audio CD which plays continuously until stopped by the user.

3 answers to this question

I always thought that was a player feature, not a CD feature. On players that support it, look for the oval-like symbol with two arrows pointing back at each other APloxVr.png. Probably one button for several settings: repeat none, repeat one, repeat all.

I don't think the Audio CD specification itself has provisions for that on the disc. Not that I've seen anyway.

The intention is produce a CD that automatically plays continuously on any CD player. I'm told it is possible to achieve this with the right software.

I'm told it is possible to achieve this with the right software.

I'm afraid you may have to rethink the reliability of your sources. ;)

You could fake it.

With computer/notebook playback, the software often provides options for a continuous loop (e.g. iTunes, QuickTime). Likewise for iPod/mp3 players.

With DVD-Video playback, authoring can provide a continuous loop. You could have a black image throughout, for maximum video compression and maximum audio duration. But that would require a DVD player instead of any CD player.