Milophie

Very Disappointed In Your Products

Question

I have been a loyal Roxio user for over ten years. I started with Roxio 7.0 way back when. I have paid many for upgrades over the years. Each upgrade seemed to have new features and a little better functionality. That was until I upgraded to Roxio Creator NXT Pro in 2012. That program seemed to have a lot of glitches, but I always found a way to work around them. I was used to using Roxio and was not inclined to try to learn a new program.

Then came Windows 10. Roxio Creator NXT Pro just would not run on Windows 10. It was time to upgrade to Roxio Creator NXT 5 Pro, which I did a few weeks ago. As far as I'm concerned, Roxio Creator NXT 5 Pro is a huge disappointment. I don't know which version it started with, but now in MYDVD, I can no longer create my own menu screens with audio over thirty seconds long. Roxio Technical Support says that function is no longer available. I thought the word Creator meant you could use your own creativity to create unique things in the program. I guess I don't know the meaning of the word Create

In my old Roxio Creator NXT Pro, while using Videowave, I could use .mts videos directly from my digital camera. Videowave automatically changed the format of the video to .mpg, and life went on. No more. I tried to use a .mts video file that my old Roxio Creator NXT Pro had formatted to a .mpg file, which worked perfect in that version of Videowave, and could not get the audio to play. Once again, I have an UPGRADED program with less functionality. And of course, Roxio Technical Support's answer was "that function is no longer available."

As I said, I've only been using this program for a few weeks. I have no idea how many more downgrades I am going to encounter moving forward.

How can Roxio/Corel sell UPGRADED versions of their programs that are a downgrade to their programs that they are replacing. From my standpoint, this is the last Roxio/Corel product I will purchase. I believe I have been cheated. It's hard for me to imagine that the sales staff and program developers can actually get a good night sleep. They should be ashamed of themselves. Time to find another slideshow program.

• Like 2

13 answers to this question

If you bought it from Roxio you have a 30 day like it or return it policy.

Several folks here run C2012 Pro on W-10 without any problems.

Your problems with C 2012 Pro I would say were PC related because most here run it and it is a rock solid last of the best Roxio program.

HP Envy h8-1435 with Windows 10 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3470 3.20 GHz, 10 GB system memory, 2 Tb Hard Drive NVIDIA GeForce GT620 with 4,043 Mb memory.

I am aware that people in this forum are users, just like me. I'm in no way blaming or complaining to you regarding your reply to this post. I am simply reporting my displeasure with Roxio/Corel. They state that they are selling an upgrade to a program, that in fact is a downgrade. And, how do they have the nerve to charge users anything for a program with reduced capabilities. To make matters worse, their technical support is useless.

I'm not sure, but I believe C 2012 Pro is the predecessor to Creator NXT Pro. My computer was brand spanking new when I installed Creator NXT Pro. Every other program screamed on the machine then, and still do. No way I was going to tweak a brand new machine for a single program, and no way I'm going to tweak it now.

I use this forum to read about other peoples issues to try and help me deal with similar issues. Most of the time I can come up with a work around, and life goes on. But, buying a new program, billed as an upgrade, when in fact it's a downgrade just angers me no end.

The new program, Creator NXT 5 Pro, seems to run ok on my machine with Windows 10. That's not the issue. The issue is why does Roxio/Corel advertise Creator NXT 5 Pro as an upgrade, when in fact it is a lessor program, except for the fact it is Windows 10 certified? They should be ashamed of themselves!

Milophie,

Thank you for your opinions, however I fear they may be completely missing their target. Roxio Management rarely see anything on this forum.

If you go to the top toolbar in Creator there is a help button which leads to a Provide feedback to Roxio... button.

post-208-0-33661800-1478173305_thumb.jpg

You should fill in the feedback form and send it directly to the people who need to see it. That way your efforts will not be wasted.

Your new PC choked on C 2012 Pro and Roxio Creator NXT Pro like I said most likely a PC problem!

Open NXT 5 program from the small menu top left click help, do you see a 'Provide Feedback To Roxio' ?

If you want to complain talk to them please.

post-97-0-24883400-1478173346_thumb.jpg

Thanks, I'll provide feedback through the Roxio program.

To Digital Gura, no need to go back and forth here, I've never had C 2012 Pro, so I have no idea how it would run on my computer. Like I said, every other program I have, and have had runs perfect on my pc. Why would I invest the time and energy to screw around for one program I use three or four times a year? If it was a computer problem, I would have issues with other programs as well.

I simply posted my displeasure here so others could read it. There is no debate here. It's my opinion.

You have posted a couple of Topics about NXT 5 and without you supplying the file we asked for, we could not find a solution... kind of like calling your cars service department but never taking your car in :huh:

While we agree about the progress of the Suite, I for one do not care for someone bashing a product when they only made a minimal effort to resolve issues... Combine that with the fact that the rest of us could never duplicate your problems.

And you are mistaken that computer problems affect all programs. Most of the time, it is only one or two programs that are affected. But then does depend on what the problem is ;)

I have been a loyal Roxio user for over ten years. I started with Roxio 7.0 way back when. I have paid many for upgrades over the years. Each upgrade seemed to have new features and a little better functionality. That was until I upgraded to Roxio Creator NXT Pro in 2012. That program seemed to have a lot of glitches, but I always found a way to work around them. I was used to using Roxio and was not inclined to try to learn a new program.
Then came Windows 10. Roxio Creator NXT Pro just would not run on Windows 10. It was time to upgrade to Roxio Creator NXT 5 Pro, which I did a few weeks ago. As far as I'm concerned, Roxio Creator NXT 5 Pro is a huge disappointment. I don't know which version it started with, but now in MYDVD, I can no longer create my own menu screens with audio over thirty seconds long. Roxio Technical Support says that function is no longer available. I thought the word Creator meant you could use your own creativity to create unique things in the program. I guess I don't know the meaning of the word Create
In my old Roxio Creator NXT Pro, while using Videowave, I could use .mts videos directly from my digital camera. Videowave automatically changed the format of the video to .mpg, and life went on. No more. I tried to use a .mts video file that my old Roxio Creator NXT Pro had formatted to a .mpg file, which worked perfect in that version of Videowave, and could not get the audio to play. Once again, I have an UPGRADED program with less functionality. And of course, Roxio Technical Support's answer was "that function is no longer available."
As I said, I've only been using this program for a few weeks. I have no idea how many more downgrades I am going to encounter moving forward.
How can Roxio/Corel sell UPGRADED versions of their programs that are a downgrade to their programs that they are replacing. From my standpoint, this is the last Roxio/Corel product I will purchase. I believe I have been cheated. It's hard for me to imagine that the sales staff and program developers can actually get a good night sleep. They should be ashamed of themselves. Time to find another slideshow program.

Welcome to the club my good man. I started using this program over 20 yrs ago when it was called "easy media creator" version 3. They had an excellent tech support staff & were easy to contact. Since then this software has changed hands a few times & now this new Corel is harder than ever to get help from! Lately all new upgrades have been geared to cell phone usage & core fixes have been ignored in favor of the quick dollars! I've also tried the Nero burning software but it doesnt have the videowave software that this one has. When you upgrade to the pro versions you'll only be adding possibly one new feature you'll use probably on occasions. I'd like to try out this new nxt 5 but corel allows no trials of this. If you find a comparable software plz let me know because sooner or later roxio will be removed from further development(s).

Welcome to the club my good man. I started using this program over 20 yrs ago when it was called "easy media creator" version 3. They had an excellent tech support staff & were easy to contact. Since then this software has changed hands a few times & now this new Corel is harder than ever to get help from! Lately all new upgrades have been geared to cell phone usage & core fixes have been ignored in favor of the quick dollars! I've also tried the Nero burning software but it doesnt have the videowave software that this one has. When you upgrade to the pro versions you'll only be adding possibly one new feature you'll use probably on occasions. I'd like to try out this new nxt 5 but corel allows no trials of this. If you find a comparable software plz let me know because sooner or later roxio will be removed from further development(s).

If you buy NXT 5 from Roxio's website you get a 30 day money back like it or return it policy.

My suggestion would be find a Creator 2012 Pro on a site like eBay, last best version IMO.

There is a comment that Creator 2012 Pro was in their opinion the last best version of EM Creator. Does anybody know if it works okay with Windows 10?

You can always demo the Corel product. "Video Studio" They have a trial. That program is a video editing program and not a suite of programs but according to the posts above, it may be all you need or want.

Thanks. I skipped past that post not making the connection that W-10 was in fact a reference to Windows 10 :)

I'll create a Macrium Reflect system backup first and then will give it a try.

Incidentally, that's a good programme for re-storing hard drives in the event of a drive or system problem if anybody is interested, and its free.

I've used it lots of times and its always restored without fail.

Thanks again for replying.

Update. Installed 2012 fine and appears to be doing what it should.

I've ripped a CD to MP3, captured a Vinyl Record and burnt a data DVD disc. All good so far.

Edited by Jinker