Joe Kenny

Roxio Creator 5. Poor Quality When Video Is Transferred To Dvd

Question

I've used previous versions of Roxio Creator and have upgraded to 5 because of Windows 10. I have created a video and "dressed" it up a bit with color boxes/

with text for the introduction. It appears that the quality of the video is drastically reduced when creating the dvd. For example, the Color screens with text are barely readable. I've used previous versions of creator and have not seen this problem. I hope that I'm doing something wrong. Thanks in advance.

Joe

Edited by Joe Kenny

3 answers to this question

We are going to need some hard information to play with this ;)

There are 2 renderings that take place when you edit and burn a DVD. One from the edit and another when the DVD is authored.

The "quality" must remain HIGH throughout both for this to work...

One of the less than stellar features of MyDVD in NXT 5 is its' lack of anyway to set the Quality :huh: If you clips exceed the size needed for the disc you are using by even ONE FRAME, it is going to jump to the next setting for quality!

It doesn't say it anywhere but quality used to be Low - Med - High in prior version.

I have a couple of things to test but it would really help if you could tell use what Text, size and duration you are using along with the total length of your project.

Once again thanks for the quick response. The problem was my fault in creating the file for DVD.

When I choose "Output" from the editing menu, it allows me to choose the quality of the resulting CD. I chose the "30 frames per second" as opposed to a default and that, as they say, has made all the difference. I appreciate the quick response and I guess that this post too can be closed. Again, thanks for the help

Joe

Edited by Joe Kenny