samg

Effects Preview Displays As Blue Question Marks

Question

A week ago I installed the Physical package of Roxio Creator Pro 2012. Implementation went trouble free.

During practical application, a (somewhat) minor caveat emerged with the VideoWave13 editor, to wit: Under "Add Content", the

Add Text Effects,

Add Overlays,

Add Video Effects,

Add Transitions, and

Apply Transition Themes.

Each selection appears as a large question mark (?) inside a blank page icon (thumbnail size) along with a small, green arrow in the lower, right-hand corner of the icon instead of the corresponding graphics representation. (Sample display attached.) The proper title for each effect appears below the icon.

Clicking on the little green arrow reveals the proper graphics representation (in motion when motion applies) for the selected effect. Clicking on the arrow of a different effect causes the previous selection to clear (close) as it reveals the currently selected effect. Each selected effect appears to function properly as they are applied on the video timeline.

Does anyone have any idea about what might be causing this user-unfriendly condition to occur? That would be big help but I'd be happier to pursue a known viable solution!

(Note: Experience showed Roxio Creator Pro 2010 displaying a graphics representation for each effect in lieu of the blank page icon.)

post-65081-012208500 1323962804.jpg

Edited by samg

32 answers to this question

I have never seen the issue on any PC with any Roxio version installed. :unsure:

I've never seen a million dollars before either, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :D (Paraphrased from, "The Santa Claus.")

I've had this problem as well, for several versions. You'll note, that if you click on the box with the question-mark in it, you'll then actually see the "preview" of the effect. So, it's tedious, but you can see the preview of them, just one-at-a-time. I don't usually get too fancy with my transitions, so only use a few, but I can always look at them by simply clicking on them.

I know, not a "solution" but it is a workaround.

Thanks. Sure. If I click on the arrow I can "see" the transaction, effects, or else, but to decide what to use I have to open them all! Not only. When you click on a second effect the first one turn in a question mark again. Very frustrating.

Ciao Stefano, see your Personal Messenger box. :)

Giampaolo

I have just gone through the exact same process above (install of NXT5 Pro), for the exact same issue, but still have the blue question marks. Ive also followed the uninstall/delete/reinstall recommendations from Roxio support, a number of times, but to no avail.

As per stefanogalla above, the effect preview animation does work, its just the thumbnail/icon thats not showing, instead theres just a blue question mark on each effect tile.

Ive also reinstalled the contents a number of times, still the same.

Edited by Another1