• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Fr Time

Fr Time

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:16 PM

I am using Roxio Creator NXT4 and would like to make seamless chapter entries just the way movies are sold on DVDs. For example, I have single video clip that is about 64 mintues in length. I want four chapters. I want menus to show "Play entire movie", or the sub menu chapters such as chapter 1: "All about Mary", chapter 2 would be "Mary digs a well", chapter 3 would be "Mary falls from the swing" and finally the last chapter would read "Mary marries Mike"

So if I select the second chapter, I would highlight and click on the words stating "Mary digs a well." Then the movie would start from that point and play to the end with out showing the names of the remaining chapters as it played through to the end.

Using Creator NXT4, I have found how to make chapters in MyDVD, but I can only make a menu from the screen shot with the menu showing the screen shot. I want to be able to enter text instead of the screen shot. Am I really missing a step? I could do this in NXT2012.

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,286 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:14 PM

Am I really missing a step? I could do this in NXT2012.

No, you're not missing a step, it's just the real MyDVD software has gone missing.

For some reason Corel has dropped it and replaced it with an emasculated piece of software which they call MyDVD, but which lacks many of the abilities and flexibility of the real earlier MyDVD.

There is no NXT2012, but I think you're referring to Creator 2012 which is thought by many to be the last, best version of Creator. Some of the smart Gurus here might be able to help you work around the missing abilities of 'MyDVD' but until then you might be better off running your earlier software.

P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
2 x DVDRW IDE 16X, in Windows XP, 7, and 8.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,951 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:11 AM

Not 'Smart', more like the upper end of mediocre  :D

NXT 4 & 5 do not have the ability to make chapters! They are very simplified.

(yes they do - see post #5)

As Brendon mentioned, if you have Creator 2012, you should be able to install it in Win 10 and do what you need -_-

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 19 January 2017 - 12:23 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Jorrox

Jorrox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:21 AM

I've been puzzling on this for a couple of days trying to work out how to put a chapter/other marker on an old band video that I've ripped so I can skip to the next song. From what I see above, that can't be done. Am I right, or is there a way? Thanks.

#5 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,906 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:02 PM

I've been puzzling on this for a couple of days trying to work out how to put a chapter/other marker on an old band video that I've ripped so I can skip to the next song. From what I see above, that can't be done. Am I right, or is there a way? Thanks.

I am assuming that you are using the myDVD from NXT 4.

From the  myDVD UserGuide:

To add chapters to a video
1In the Tree Mode workspace of Advanced Mode, click the thumbnail of the video to which you want to add chapters.
2Click the menu button in the upper-right corner of the placeholder and choose Add Chapters.
3In the Edit Chapters dialog box, do one of the following:
• Below the video preview, drag the scrubber along the time bar or use the playback controls to set the chapter position, and click Add chapter here.
• In the Automatically create chapters area, set time intervals for chapters by entering values for the minutes (Min) and seconds (Sec), and click Go.
The chapter points and thumbnails are added to the chapter list on the right side of the dialog box.

4Click OK to return to the Tree Mode and review the new Chapter Menu.

Edited by myguggi, 18 January 2017 - 12:06 PM.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#6 Jorrox

Jorrox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:25 PM

I am assuming that you are using the myDVD from NXT 4.

From the  myDVD UserGuide:

To add chapters to a video
1In the Tree Mode workspace of Advanced Mode, click the thumbnail of the video to which you want to add chapters.
2Click the menu button in the upper-right corner of the placeholder and choose Add Chapters.
3In the Edit Chapters dialog box, do one of the following:
• Below the video preview, drag the scrubber along the time bar or use the playback controls to set the chapter position, and click Add chapter here.
• In the Automatically create chapters area, set time intervals for chapters by entering values for the minutes (Min) and seconds (Sec), and click Go.
The chapter points and thumbnails are added to the chapter list on the right side of the dialog box.

4Click OK to return to the Tree Mode and review the new Chapter Menu.

Thanks man - I'll give that a try. I used to be able to do this no probs on my older Roxio.

#7 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,906 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:29 PM

The Creators previous to NXT 4 do not have the inferior myDVD now being included with NXT 4 and NXT 5. A big step backwards.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chapter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users