• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 BCSMITHROCKS

BCSMITHROCKS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:10 AM

I have spent hours trying to get a driver to work for the VHS to DVD USB Adapter on Windows 10.

I have downloaded the Win64 driver files, and even tried the Win32 driver files (even though I knew that would be the wrong one), and out of desperation I have even tried the old 2009 usb driver, as well as the uninstalling and re-installing the disc multiple times, hoping that the driver was actually on the disc and would install but it never does.

when I check the device it always says that windows could not install a driver for it, and that it currently has no driver. I can't for any reason seem to be able to get the Roxio software to see the Roxio USB Adapter. any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:59 AM

Common mistake is to plug in the USB Device before the software/drivers are installed... Once that happens, Windows installs the driver it thinks is best AND associates that wrong driver with the device :wacko: It will show with an error

Remove the device and hide it in another room (so you won't be tempted)

Uninstall the existing Software (Control Panel - Programs and Features) - if it is present there, otherwise.

Reboot and install the software.

After that, fetch the device and move to the next step.

NEXT problem is there are 2 different devices and software. Only the 'newer' one works with Win 10.

Attached File  Old and New with Labels.jpg   191.3KB   2 downloads

First plug in the device and check in Device Manager (Win-Pause, list on left)

Should see:

Attached File  Win 10 Device Manager New.jpg   62.39KB   1 downloads

Won't work if you have this:

Attached File  Win 10 Device Manager Old.jpg   63.05KB   2 downloads

Give those things a try and let us know how you make out ;)

#3 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,963 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:48 AM

Do you show a other deices entry in device manager?

Attached File  v2d3.jpg   94.8KB   1 downloads

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#4 BCSMITHROCKS

BCSMITHROCKS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:23 PM

I uninstalled all software, and removed all of the usb options that now show again with the same indication warning. not sure why so many instances show up.

but it is still not functioning at all. I tried taking a posting a screenshot, but for some reason this forum seems to require me to host the image somewhere externally and to be able to link to it instead of simply posting the image.

Edit: I do have the new version of the adapter.

Edited by BCSMITHROCKS, 12 December 2016 - 05:23 PM.

#5 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:55 AM

Info on posting a pic is HERE

Be sure to include a before and after of the Device Manager screen with Sound, video and game controllers expanded and Other visible too.

Throw in one of the error message as well ;)

#6 gumby27

gumby27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:25 AM

Do you show a other deices entry in device manager?

attachicon.gifv2d3.jpg

I don't show an other device in device manager...  and I am having difficulty with it saying 'no video signal'.  Any other ideas to get this working?

#7 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,030 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:37 AM

Did you do what was suggested in post # 2?.

What/How are you connected to the capture unit?. Give us as much detail as possible.

Edited by ogdens, 28 January 2017 - 11:50 AM.

#8 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,607 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:23 PM

I don't show an other device in device manager...  and I am having difficulty with it saying 'no video signal'.  Any other ideas to get this working?

Did you change your user name?  If not, start your own damned thread!

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: problem, vhs to dvd 3 plus, usb issue, driver issues, no driver, windows 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users