Getsmithed

Trouble Importing Mp4 Videos Into Videowave And Trouble With Ac3 Audio

Question

I split this off and sent sMiTTyHD a message with the link. Other Topic was over a year old and not exactly on subject :(

By any chance can you help me with the same problem? Thanks

31 answers to this question

This is a real saga, isn't it. :)

I installed a fresh Windows 10 Pro (build 14393.576) and then installed SP2 into it, and updated to SP 2.1.

That ran your M2TS file after the AC3 warning, and without sound.

It also imported all the MP4 files I could throw at it.

Now this is the same Roxio software you are using, so maybe something is different in your Windows?

My only suggestion at this point is CODECS. If you don't have the systems to COmpress and DECompress your MP4 video files, you won't be able to edit them, and they won't be added. (See your post #2) These are the list of video codecs in my new Win 10 before I installed the Game Capture software.

post-208-0-10100400-1481879106_thumb.jpg

Would you please check my list against yours?

-Run Windows Media Player 12

-Tap ALT to get the menu, then go to Help > About Windows Media Player. An "About" box pops up.

-Click the blue "Technical Support Information" in the bottom left of the "About" box, and the list of Codecs will shortly appear in your browser.

Please let me know if you're missing any that I have.

Regards,

Brendon

I have confirmed that your AC3 problem is a program design restriction, and I've worked for many hours on this .MP4 part of your problem. I can't duplicate the .MP4 problem in any of my operating systems, because this Roxio software imports all my MP4s without let or hindrance. Your system must be different.

Your system has all the required codecs, and more. Without having it on my bench where I can poke a stick at it, I think that the other video software on your machine may be interfering with Videowave. You haven't mentioned the other programs, but you have the VP6.x, Fraps, and Bandi codecs installed and they're not from lightweight software.

I'm sorry, but I'm fresh out of suggestions. You need to take the problem up with the professionals at Roxio Support.

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon

I can't thank you enough for helping me out and putting hours of your day into trying to figure out my problem. I am currently contacting Roxio and will update this post if I find a solution.

That's great.

It was all worthwhile and interesting, but I'm sad I couldn't produce the magic button. :(